Are there any foods that you have never ever tried?

tbain

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm quite curious as to what lobster is like, I bet it's really expensive to buy though!

Lobster is oh-so-YUMMY Lexie! If you get a full lobster though, it is expensive and is a lot of work for not a lot of meat, but still, mighty tasty stuff. Especially with some drawn butter! I've only had it a handful of times, but if it were more reasonably priced I would definitely have it more often.

I realized last night that I don't think I've ever had swordfish. I was watching Giada make grilled swordfish sandwiches and now I'm convinced I need to try it!

Eggs surprisingly, they just seem so eww! Hmm, oysters, sushi and coconut, i actually bought a coconut from the supermarket a couple of months ago but forgot about it lmao >_<

Sushi :P

Oooh that's one of my favorites! Do you have an aversion to eating raw fish or just haven't gotten around to trying it yet?

But sushi isn't raw fish - it's vinegared rice. Raw fish - isn't that sashimi? Sushi may contain raw fish - but not necessarily. Sorry to be pedantic.

I love sushi, but I've never had it with raw fish, don't really want to either. You can get lots of fillings, chicken, beef, fruit, vegetable.

Agree with The Reader and Janet, scallops are great, so long as not over done... the same can be send for calamari. I like snails, but have never tried frogs legs, and would like to find out whether they're anygood. I saw braised rabbit on the menu on Friday lunchtime, so had to try it - a bit gamey. I tried crocodile when in Cape Town. It was like a thin slice of salami, but fattier than I thought - Didn't like it much. Also had Springbok and Ostrich on that trip. When in Rome....

I think seafood is probably my favorite type of food, although there is probably plenty out there I've never tried - like swordfish. As far as sushi goes, I've only ever tried veggie rolls and just yesterday I had a California roll, which has veggies and crab. Both super yummy! I'll have to try more.

I do know that I had shark fin once and disliked the consistency.

There are lots of "fishy" foods I haven`t tried, I just don`t think I`d like them but I`m not prepared to try them to find out for certain. :lol:

:P I don't eat anything from the sea and have no desire to try anything that swims :D

:P I don't eat anything from the sea and have no desire to try anything that swims :lol:

I sort of wish I did eat fish though, because it is good, health wise, for you, but I`m still not trying it!

But sushi isn't raw fish - it's vinegared rice. Raw fish - isn't that sashimi? Sushi may contain raw fish - but not necessarily. Sorry to be pedantic.

I love sushi, but I've never had it with raw fish, don't really want to either. You can get lots of fillings, chicken, beef, fruit, vegetable.

There are different forms of sushi -- and the "forms" are named differently and read on menus differently depending on where you are. Many menus separate "sushi" from "sashimi" .. but there's a lot more types than JUST those two categories, and sushi in general has many forms and types.

This (from Wikipedia) may help too, if we must make distinctions.. I'm sure in Japan, there are REALLY strict terms for each variation, but having never spent time in Japan in my life, I tend to be more lax about the terminology.

There are various types of sushi: sushi served rolled inside nori (dried and pressed layer sheets of seaweed or algae) called makizushi (巻き) or rolls; sushi made with toppings laid with hand-formed clumps of rice called nigirizushi (にぎり); toppings stuffed into a small pouch of fried tofu called inarizushi; and toppings served scattered over a bowl of sushi rice called chirashi-zushi (ちらし).

And you're right.. it definitely doesn't always contain raw fish. In fact, most of the time, the fillings in maki rolls are typically at least seared, if not actually cooked. But lots of people are put off ALL sushi because some forms of it do involve raw fish or raw seafood.. That's the only reason I asked about the aversion to raw fish. Usually, that's the culprit!

• 3 weeks later...
Oysters. And I'm definitely not trying them, ever.

I realised last WE only that you're actually meant to eat them alive. That was an interesting moment to witness...

Eeeeewww! That is so gross! Pass me the bucket!!