Are there any foods that you have never ever tried?

tbain

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone tried pollock? Its fish similar in texture to cod and I had it in an Italian restaurant earlier this year, it was delicious. I can't find it anywhere to buy it though!!!:)

We have it quite often, always get it from Morrisons.:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mmm venison is delicious! We have it quite a bit here in the fall since that's deer hunting season and my friend's dad usually manages to give me some. We have it cooked like a roast, and he also makes it into sausage so it's really good for breakfast or with a vodka sauce over pasta.

I've never tried Haggis either, and even though I'm part Scandinavian have never gotten up enough courage to taste Lutefiske. I smelled it one Christmas and swore I'd never eat it, lol. Oh, and when I started watching cooking shows on the Food Network, especially ones that take place down south, I realized I've never had things like collard greens and black eyed peas.

If I listed all the foods I haven't tried, it would be endless! I'm such a picky eater. I can't remember the last time I tried something 'new'. Hehe.

:D

Snap! I'm really hard to please when it comes to eatings, much as I love them :D

I don't believe you :D

Wow - can't believe you've tried snails but not beans.

Well. I was in Paris with an art group, and we were told we were trying snails or going without dinner. They came in these little containers of a garlic sauce. And they had the texture of mushrooms, kinda, and were a bit sour but garlic-y. I ate everyones haha coz I liked them.

And beans are just icky. Bleh! The snails didn't LOOk like snails.

Roxi those snails sound amazing!! The kind I've had definitely did not taste like that. Just another reason for me to go to Paris I guess! lol

Mmmm cheesecake. My fave way to have it is plain w/mixed berries drizzled on the top. We have places here like the Cheesecake Factory, and while they have very tasty cheesecake, it tends to get way too rich with all this caramel and chocolate sauce.

Stephanie, I hope you get to try lobster one day! It's delicious, but honestly a lot of work for not much to eat at the end, lol. Unless you get something all nicely prepared for you like lobster tail :D

When you guys say beans, what do you mean? Green beans? Baked beans?