Little Dorrit - Starts Sunday 26 October on BBC1 at 8pm

Janet

There doesn't seem to be a link on the BBC site yet, but there is some information on the Radio Times website.

It has the wonderful Alun Armstrong in it. In fact, it has a real star-studded cast!

It's produced by Andrew Davies who has done many, many things that I've loved so I have high hopes for it, even though I don't know the story at all.

Roll on next Sunday! :welcome:

A big "I AGREE COMPLETELY WITH EVERYTHING EVERYONE'S SAID SO FAR!"

Can't wait - this is the sort of stuff the BBC does so well, isn't it? More of this, and less wasting money on so-called "celebrities" and "reality" TV, please.

Don't think they do it quite as much as the commercial channels do they?

Ah, ole Wossy is alwight, but it depends who he has on as to whether the show is interesting or not.

Back on topic, I'm looking forward to seeing this, as I'm interested to see if Freema Agyerman can act any better in this than she did in the last series of Doctor Who . . .

Oh, and I do like a good spot of Dickens as well!

• 3 weeks later...

It's the highlight of my week (although I am pleased to see the return of Lead Balloon also). Everything about it is wonderful, the scenery in particular - the Clelland's house is amazing. I think Dickens dramatises really well - all those characters and sub plots and of course the BBC are the best people to do it.

My only complaint about this is the scheduling. It started off as one hour, then a half hour slot a couple of evenings and then the dates changed again for the half hour slots. Consequently I missed two episodes last week and missed the catch up on Sunday as I was busy. Grrrrrrr. I can't see why they can't keep this to a slot say, Sunday evening 7 or 8 pm.

I can catch up on iPlayer but it is never quite the same.

Grumpy ol' woman:motz:

I agree with Roland and Sue totally - that is the only complaint. I'm so scared I'll miss it in the week and in my mind it is perfect for a Sunday night. OH finds that the half hour is over all too quickly - I think an hour lets you really get into it properly.

Let's start a write-in campaign to Points of View. "Why, oh why ..." :lol:

Funnily enough, this was brought up on Points of View. Many complaints as to the scheduling. Even if people don't have Sky (I don't for one), quite a few of us now have freeview. If they were to repeat it say on BBC3 I'm sure it would win favour.

Unfortunately, I've now "lost the plot" as I've missed too many episodes and can't get back in to it. Oh well, I shall just have to read the book instead (or wait for the DVD):lol:

• 4 weeks later...

OK - I've watched the last episode of this now - but I didn't really understand it :)

I missed most of an episode (episode 12 I think) because sky+ didn't record it :motz:perhaps that's why I struggled, although I do think the last episode was quite rushed.

Can someone help me?

So little Dorrit was an heir to Clennam because she was the child of Mr Clennam and the dancing woman. Who were Arthur Clennam's parents then and why was he stolen away? And who was Miss Wade? Was she simply a former lover of Mr Gowan or did she have something to do with the Clennams?

Any help greatly appreciated :D