Another what's for dinner?

Nici

You mean each Monday, you eat a certain thing, and each Tuesday, you eat a certain thing, etc? Or do you mean you have a big portion of something and you eat that one thing Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs of the week, then start with a new huge portion of something new at the start of the next wk?

For us, just easy pasta tonight. :lol:

Haha, no I mean I literally have the same meal every night from Monday to Thursday. Every Monday through Thursday night I have exactly the same meal. Week after week. Strange, no?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any reason why? And may I enquire as to what the meal is? I think I would get far too bored of any meal to eat it so consistantly

I am a complete weirdo. My family and girlfriend all think it is ridiculous, and rightly so.

Basically, I take a tortilla, pan fry about 150g of chicken breast, add chilli seasoning and enchilada simmer sauce, add it too the tortilla and then top with jallepinos and light cheese and grill it pizza-style for a couple of minutes in the oven.

The reason? It is easy, healthy and I like it. I guess I am just one of those strange ppl that can happily eat the same thing day in day out.

That does sound pretty good :D

It is really easy, it only takes me around 15 minutes to cook. Also, I basically do not know how to cook anything else and I don't get to eat until around 8 30 so by that time I just want something that is really easy to make. I am sure at some point I will get sick of it though.

I can do a lot of routine eating also, but I tend to get sick of things after a while... and then I can't eat them again for a LONG time. I used to eat the same microwave meal at work everyday for about 2 months. Then I couldn't stand the thought of it.

And for lunch every day, I usually have a baked potato with salt and pepper only. But I'm starting to get sick of that.. been doing it about 1 month now.

I'm impressed with your ability to stay with what you've been eating for so long.. I always start wanting something different eventually.

I can do a lot of routine eating also, but I tend to get sick of things after a while... and then I can't eat them again for a LONG time. I used to eat the same microwave meal at work everyday for about 2 months. Then I couldn't stand the thought of it.

And for lunch every day, I usually have a baked potato with salt and pepper only. But I'm starting to get sick of that.. been doing it about 1 month now.

I'm impressed with your ability to stay with what you've been eating for so long.. I always start wanting something different eventually.

Yeah, it has been almost 12 months now I think.

I eat with my family or girlfriend Friday through Sunday though so it isn't completely monotonous.

Since I bravely resisted the lull of take out pasta*, soup and bread it is! But first a bread and chocolate snack. :D

*just discovered a very powerful maketing strategy: make students work on a panzani case study for 5 hours straight and they're bound to run to the nearest pasta shop when they finally escape at dinnertime! :irked:

Scallops gratin for me tonight, YUMMM! Quite a treat (since scallops are kind of pricey) that I drool over starting about a week in advance. Basically it's scallops, white wine, butter, garlic, parsley, s&p with Panco breadcrumbs, all broiled together into a golden heavenly dish!

Scallops gratin for me tonight, YUMMM! Quite a treat (since scallops are kind of pricey) that I drool over starting about a week in advance. Basically it's scallops, white wine, butter, garlic, parsley, s&p with Panco breadcrumbs, all broiled together into a golden heavenly dish!

Sounds heavenly! :D

Pizza last night :D I really don't know what to have tonight. Maybe mash but i might have pasta with something. Hmm. Choices choices.

Just had sweet and sour chicken with rice, was a ready meal though. Might have something else before i go out.