Another what's for dinner?

Nici

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am hesitating between the soup I have at home or picking something up, such as a nice healthy kebab... :blush:

I vote picking something up.

Now, your turn, should I get proper food or just stop by at Subways?

Edit: don't listen to Junior there, what does he know of food, he's English?!

Go for the soup! :17::lol:

That's what I'm trying to convince myself of... But a Kebab is so much more satisfying! *laughs* I guess I could go for a 'middle option' and get nicely cooked take away pasta. But the kebab place is right down the street...

The soup is losing ground every minute :blush:

I vote picking something up.

Now, your turn, should I get proper food or just stop by at Subways?

Edit: don't listen to Junior there, what does he know of food, he's English?!

*laughs* Thanks for the support! Can't beat a french gastronomic kebab...

Subway as in the sandwiches? I'm not much into sandwiches, especially for dinner. So proper food!

Edit: I do realise a Kebab is technically a sandwich... but since it's hot and goes (of course!) with fries, it doesn't count as such in my book.

Edited by Chimera

*laughs* Thanks for the support! Can't beat a french gastronomic kebab...

What? Are you calling my arguments inconsistent? *cracks up*

Subway as in the sandwiches? I'm not much into sandwiches, especially for dinner. So proper food!

Yeah. But it's just down the street! *laughs* Okay, if you insist. So it's Brazilian again... That means red wine, you do know that?

Yeah. But it's just down the street! *laughs* Okay, if you insist. So it's Brazilian again... That means red wine, you do know that?

Sounds good! And of course, it's like the fries with kebab isn't it? :blush:

Ok, I'll look for something better as well then... Maybe chinese? Or there is a Lebanese take away right across the street that I've never tried. Does anyone know what lebanese food is like?

........ Or there is a Lebanese take away right across the street that I've never tried. Does anyone know what lebanese food is like?

No idea - never tried it, sorry.

I had roast gammon, baked potato and salad. :blush:

Sounds good! And of course, it's like the fries with kebab isn't it? :blush:

Exactly! *laughs* It's tough, but someone's got to do it (or in this case, drink it)... I'd just like to go on record, once again, and say: I adore Brazilian food. If it wasn't for the heat and the sunshine, and the fact that they have no hockey, I'd move straight away.

So I resisted the lull of the kebab & fries, phew :lol:

I'm so proud of you!

Exactly! *laughs* It's tough, but someone's got to do it (or in this case, drink it)... I'd just like to go on record, once again, and say: I adore Brazilian food. If it wasn't for the heat and the sunshine, and the fact that they have no hockey, I'd move straight away.

What is Brazilian food like? I love mexican food and argentine meat and have a notion that all south american foud is lovely but I cant remember trying brazilian.

What is Brazilian food like? I love mexican food and argentine meat and have a notion that all south american foud is lovely but I cant remember trying brazilian.

Well, it varies on the region a lot. As I love a good steak, I love the food from the Southern parts. So it's red meat, manioc, fruit... I guess it's close to Argentine food, with a bit of Portuguese thrown in, and some other European things, only substituted with what was available there (like manioc).

Or there is a Lebanese take away right across the street that I've never tried. Does anyone know what lebanese food is like?

Me, me, MEEE!!! I'm part Lebanese :lol::17: and you can do no wrong w/their food if you ask me!

Next time risk it, Chimera, you won't be sorry! I grew up with the stuff since my mom and grandma made it endlessly, and I'm starting to make it on my own now. Walk don't run if you see a sign for hummus, babaghanoush, tabouli salad, kibbi, fatire, etc, etc, etc :blush:

Chicken balti is my favourite type of curry :blush:

It's the only one I can make myself- unless you count ones where you just use curry paste, yogurt and water, so i like it. My favourite is delhi style lamb thought which my Dad makes and which I seem to destroy every time I try!

Well, it varies on the region a lot. As I love a good steak, I love the food from the Southern parts. So it's red meat, manioc, fruit... I guess it's close to Argentine food, with a bit of Portuguese thrown in, and some other European things, only substituted with what was available there (like manioc).

Me, me, MEEE!!! I'm part Lebanese :lol::17: and you can do no wrong w/their food if you ask me!

Next time risk it, Chimera, you won't be sorry! I grew up with the stuff since my mom and grandma made it endlessly, and I'm starting to make it on my own now. Walk don't run if you see a sign for hummus, babaghanoush, tabouli salad, kibbi, fatire, etc, etc, etc :blush:

Mmm, 2 new good cookings to try then! *grins*

But tommorow I will be having a 12" meat feast Pizza and potato wedges.

Great choice, I love pizza and potato wedges! :D Hope you enjoy!

I'm not sure what I'll have tonight. I might have sausages and mash or something. I need to stay away from the takeaways. You're not helping, Colin! :D

We're having the chicken in chilli and red pepper sauce that we didn't get around to have the other day, I think we'll have it with rice now though :D

That sounds delicious! Not sure what we're having yet. Not really speaking to my mum at the moment..