How cute is this?

knitnat

As a forum of book lovers I know you will enjoy this little gem from last night!

Two nights ago, my hubby bathed the children while I finished bits and pieces around the house. I will still busy so he read the children their bedtime story. The older two were bouncing around and not interested, but the 4 month old was engrossed in the story (trying to eat the pages as they are want at that age :17:).

Last night, I had fed the baby and the older two were ready for bed, so I swaddled the baby as normal and put her in the cot. As I asked the older two what story they would like tonight, the baby started crying. I though it was just a little winge before she fell asleep as sometimes happens. Anyway, she didn't quieten, so hubby came upstairs, picked her up and brought her into the room where we were reading. Immediately she stopped crying and sat there with this huge gummy grin on her face. We finished the book (ABC Zoo), tucked all the children into bed and she went to sleep without a murmur.

So how about that, a 4 month old who loves her bedtime story!!

(Is she too young to join this forum?:P)

Katie was always like that (my eldest).She still never goes to bed without a story. I hope Millie loves books too. She is just starting to get interested in turning the pages and looking pictures other than baby faces. Babies are very cute when they do these things. It sounds like you have a very clever little girl. Soon she'll be babbling her way through books.

Lovely wee story.....takes me back to the days of reading to my boys. All bathed and jammied up in cosy beds and cuddling teddies listening to a story. Hope Kell reads this one.:17:

I love doing the bedtime stories - it's such a lovely time to share books and your little baby obviously agrees! We've read some really fun books like -

The Story of the Little Mole Who Knew It Was None of His Business (the best book about poo ever :17:)

Marvin The Sheep Who Wanted More

and

Cushie Butterfield - She's A Little Cow

There are some great books out there to have fun with - I'm almost sad that our guys have now moved on to having chapters of full books instead.

Reading at bedtime is great fun. Me and Millie read a book about what animals do all day tonight, and Katie had her favourite night time book. I tend to read them separate stories so that I can spend time with each of them, otherwise Katie climbs all over me and doesn't let Millie get used to how books work.

If you liked that, you'll love this. She picked up a book full of food too, surprise surprise (Katie loves food). Last night I was asking her where certain foods were and she pointed straight away at the right pictures! OH was watching and asking if I was teaching her to read yet seeing as she is so clever. I think I will have to have a look how to do that so we can start learning some letters.