Heroes Series 3

Mia

Yes, I've been very jaded with this series, but last night's episode was awesome! I really enjoyed it. Loved the funny bit with Hiro getting hit with the spade, and I was so glad he didn't kill Ando. I felt sorry for poor old Adam Monroe - buried alive for centuries and then killed in that nasty way. And Peter at the end!! :) It was a great episode that rekindled my interest.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I felt sorry for poor old Adam Monroe - buried alive for centuries and then killed in that nasty way.

He wasn't buried for centuries! Hiro buried him at the end of the last series in the present, not the past (granted, it can't have been nice though!).

I'm sorry to see his character go, he was a refreshingly cheeky change from all the squared-jawed stoicism!

I'm liking this series, but there are too many characters and they are trying to cram too much into every episode (sadly, at the expense of the level of character development they had in the first series).

I'm sure I didn't miss last week's but it felt like it. During the "in the previous episode" intro there were a few scenes I didn't recognise - like the Petrelli's dad being in bed.

And Sylar's good?! He's so sexy when he's bad.

It's jumping around a bit too much for my liking at the moment. It feels as if they're making it up as they go along. A bit like Lost, which made me lose interest.

He wasn't buried for centuries! Hiro buried him at the end of the last series in the present, not the past (granted, it can't have been nice though!).

I'm sorry to see his character go, he was a refreshingly cheeky change from all the squared-jawed stoicism!

Oh, right! There's so much happening that I can't remember what's gone on half the time! :)

But I agree with you, I didn't want his character to go either. I liked his performance in Alias and I liked him in this too. That Mr Petrelli's a right evil :woohoo: .

• 2 weeks later...

Another great episode this week. :lol: It was really interesting to see all the backstory, especially how Sylar was manipulated by the company and how totally evil Arthur Petrelli is. I couldn't believe that he was quite happy to kill his own son just to get what he wanted.

The bit at the end with Hiro and Arthur was a brilliant cliff-hanger (poor African guy! :lol: ) and for the first time ever, I gave into temptation and watched the first few minutes of the next episode on digital, because I couldn't wait a week to find out what happened to Hiro. He is definitely my favourite character.

Is it just me or are they trying to make Sylar sympathetic to cash in on his impending mega-fame as ol' pointy ears Spock? Still can't beat Hiro Nakamura, though!

Maybe! But they're definitely fleshing his character out and giving him some backstory now. Before, it was very black and white - Sylar's evil and always has been. Now, they're showing how he became what he did and how his choices weren't always really his own. I think it's fascinating. But he still gives me the creeps! Especially when he does his "evil" look upwards from under his eyebrows! *shiver*

And I agree with you about Hiro! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm loving this season of Heroes. I didn't rate Season 2 so I was a little worried about this one but it's back to it's best!

I love evil Mr Petrelli! He makes evil Sylar look like Mary Poppins!

And of course there's Peter. I may just have a little soft spot for Mr Ventimiglia:blush:

The new series is brilliant, I love how they are all choosing sides (I knew they were before) but it is more intense now and you have the two leaders, Arthur and Angela Petrelli (as horrible as Arthur is, Robert Forster is doing a great job playing him!).

Sensible Sylar too and of course Hiro! ~ he is just fab! :)

The new series is brilliant, I love how they are all choosing sides (I knew they were before) but it is more intense now and you have the two leaders, Arthur and Angela Petrelli (as horrible as Arthur is, Robert Forster is doing a great job playing him!).

Sensible Sylar too and of course Hiro! ~ he is just fab! :)

I can't agree more! I think the two 'sides' are fab! Arthur and Angela make fantastic leaders. I love how you just don't know what's going to happen next.

I love watching Hiro act like a 10 year old. He's so funny!

• 2 months later...

I was slightly bored during the first half of the episode, but the second half was exciting! Any similarity to aspects of Guantanamo Bay was accidental, I'm sure. :D

My trouble was that what with the break, I've forgotten who's got powers and who hasn't... It didn't seem to stop them rounding people up though! I could have done with a "previously on Heroes" bit at the beginning and there wasn't one. Pants. :lol:

Yes I could have done with a previously on Heroes bit too, but I guess I'm ok without. I've only watched the BBC2 episode so far (and what an ending!) but I will probably watch the BBC3 one later or tomorrow, I have that one taped too

I got around the need for a recap by not watching the last episode of the last series until an hour before the first one of the new.

Monday night was Heroes Night in the Raven household (complete with beer and a curry!).

As for Sylar's Dad, I reckon he should be a cross-dresser, that should just about finish him off!