Show your bookshelf

beef

• 2 weeks later...

My Mum was saying the other day that she had been offered a bookcase from my auntie's house because she just moved and has no room for it. I said we couldn't say no because all our bookcases are overflowing, but mum said there's nowhere to put it.

Then my Dad decided to tell me I could move out and take all my books with me, then they would have room. He won't buy me a house though :lol:

Sadly I haven't got loads of space here (altough the Family has put up another shelf in my room after I asked them ^^) so there is not much to see. In my room in Germany I've got 2 80x100 cm Billys from Ikea which are stuffed and I think there are some books in boxes somewhere...

But I found everyones dream a few weeks ago:

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/ny/at-europe/at-europe-london-closeup-the-amazing-staircase-042543

Soooo want to have that :lol:

But I found everyones dream a few weeks ago:

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/ny/at-europe/at-europe-london-closeup-the-amazing-staircase-042543

Soooo want to have that :lol:

I love it, although my first thought was that I would have to have special slippers worn just on the stairs!

It took me a minute to orientate myself, that first shot threw me a little!

Bookworm44, what I love about yours is the room on them to fill in with more books! Oooh, the endless book buying....... :D

Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking when I bought them. My boyfriend kept telling me we didn't need that much space, but I prove him wrong every month or two.

Bookworm44, now that is pretty! So neat and organized... Plus I love that little tabble next to the comfy looking chair!

Yeah I agree. Yours looks like a place I could happily live :lol: So neat and organised and I want that chair!!!

Thanks, frankie and Stephanie! This room has been a dream come true for me. When I lived with my parents I had one really small bookself that didn't even fit half my books. When my boyfriend and I decided to move in together I told him that I had to have half of the second bedroom for a proper bookself and reading chair. I love it!! =)

Just moved my bookcase from a room in the house, i had left it in there since i moved rooms as it was too much effort to transfer it. I almost died scraping it across the floor with the weight of the books LOL! I had to take some out, move it and then put them back in some random way :'] Lots of books is good though so i'm not complaining! :lol::D

• 2 weeks later...