Show your bookshelf

beef

I know, it's disgraceful isn't it? :tong: I can almost guarantee it will be full by the end of the year though. :lol:

I forgot to mention that right after I took those photos I started taking books off the shelves so I can rearrange them by colour. I have piles of white, yellow, orange and red books on the floor now. I guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend. :blush:

Kylie, your bookshelves look so pristine and organized! You'll have to post up some new pictures when you've gotten them organized by color. It'll look like an art piece. :blush:

Thanks Abby and Echo. :blush: You would think it be a relatively easy task, but I have to decide whether the colours should span across the bookshelves or down, or maybe even diagonally.

And then there are the books that are tough to put into one colour because they have multi-coloured spines or something like half red and half green.

I'll definitely post pics because I'll need honest opinions about whether I've done it well enough. :tong:

I know, it's disgraceful isn't it? :D I can almost guarantee it will be full by the end of the year though. :lol:

I forgot to mention that right after I took those photos I started taking books off the shelves so I can rearrange them by colour. I have piles of white, yellow, orange and red books on the floor now. I guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend. :)

I do this, it's a disease with me. I think I need therapy because when I go to a holiday cottage I want to, and sometime do, rearrange the books.

Love your bookshelves Kylie, fantastic :lol:

I do this, it's a disease with me. I think I need therapy because when I go to a holiday cottage I want to, and sometime do, rearrange the books.

Love your bookshelves Kylie, fantastic :lol:

Thanks Poppy. :)

I haven't reorganised books in holiday homes yet, but now that you've given me the idea...

• 2 months later...
I forgot to mention that right after I took those photos I started taking books off the shelves so I can rearrange them by colour.

A plan that fell apart horribly when she reached her Harry Potter books . . .

Is it blue, is it red, is it green? Gah!

Edited by Raven

I finally built my bookshelf!!! :D :D :D Of course, it's fallen down twice already... but maybe it will stay standing from now on *whistles*

Looks good Abby! But I think you already need another bookcase. ;) What's that Yellow Submarine I spy on the top shelf?

A plan that fell apart horribly when she reached her Harry Potter books . . .

Is it blue, is it red, is it green? Gah!

:( Yes, I'm having that exact problem. The HP books have been segregated from the rest of my collection for now. Maybe I'll cheat a little and keep those books separate (and others that I'm having a similar problem with).

I've had so many problems colour-coding my books that my library has been a mess since, well, the last time I posted pics. I was planning on getting stuck into it this weekend but I'm running out of time.

Kylie, I’m insanely jealous of your bookshelves! And I love, love, LOVE your purple chair!

Thanks Bookworm! I haven't spent much time reading there lately because I get depressed when I see how messy the room is. I tend to spend more time there in summer because I can read with the window open until quite late because it's nice and light. :)

We have 16 sets of bookshelves - or is it 18? (roughly 2 per room, including hall and upstairs landing). I notice that there are also books creeping along the supposedly unoccupied shelf that runs the length of the spare bedroom (where there are alreadytwo full bookcases).

Far too many to photograph.

So, those of you just starting to accumulate books, take this as a dire warning - they take over!

Edited by megustaleer

• 4 weeks later...

Finally, at the weekend my OH put up eight bookshelves for me, although once I put all my books on them, it didn't seem like an awful lot :blush: Oh well, at least there's room for more! :D :D

Wow thats so impressively tidy...I really am going to have to sort out my books soon, I can't keep up with them all.

They are lovely Charm!

I wonder how many of you did (or will do) the same as me, and admire the shelves, then tip your head to read the book titles! :lol:

:lol: Yeah, you have to. I love trying to spot what books people have, particularly if I have them too. I have quite a few on Charm's shelves :smile2:

They are lovely Charm!

I wonder how many of you did (or will do) the same as me, and admire the shelves, then tip your head to read the book titles! :lol:

Guilty :D and yeah spotted quite a few I recognised and have as well although in no way as neatly shelved