Show your bookshelf

beef

Am I the only one wondering how exactly you get to the books on the top shelves furthest from the stairs?! There's nothing to stand on....

I wondered that as well, but looking at the pictures it seems to be a very steep flight, I'm gussing that it's possible to reach them standing on the lower or middle steps.

Space is becoming a serious issue for me. The shelf over my bed is overpacked - the books used to stand vertically, I've now had to stack them in rows on top of each other and I'm afraid it's going to collapse on me. While I'm asleep. Terrifying me before knocking me unconscious and suffocating me with books. I've also filled two shelves in the living room, and a shelf of a wooden unit in my room. :D

When I moved in nearly a year and a half ago, just before I joined this forum, I had 35 books, including college books. By May, that had gone up to 71, and now I have 144 NOT INCLUDING college books OR old books, which brings the total to roughly 165.

Edited by Nollaig

My cousin is very, very, very rich (well, her husband is), and they just built themselves a huge new house. They have some gorgeous bookcases throughout the lower level of their house, especially in the front and back living rooms. There are some lovely, old-looking books in them, and my mom asked her what they were. It turns out they're all in Swedish (which she doesn't speak or read) and they were bought by the decorator for looks. They don't have even one readable book in their house! Argh!!! :D

My cousin is very, very, very rich (well, her husband is), and they just built themselves a huge new house. They have some gorgeous bookcases throughout the lower level of their house, especially in the front and back living rooms. There are some lovely, old-looking books in them, and my mom asked her what they were. It turns out they're all in Swedish (which she doesn't speak or read) and they were bought by the decorator for looks. They don't have even one readable book in their house! Argh!!! :D

I see your eye-rolling and raise you thrice: :D:lol: :lol: That's the most depressing thing I've heard in a while.

Somewhere on a bookshelf in a well loved and used library of books, a book fairy has just withered and fainted into the arms of a weeping book monkey. *sigh*

Somewhere on a bookshelf in a well loved and used library of books, a book fairy has just withered and fainted into the arms of a weeping book monkey. *sigh*

I know that was supposed to be sad but you ruined it with the book monkey Chrissy :lol:

:lol: Yes, I was getting all sad reading that and thinking 'awww' and then along came the book monkey. :D That's such a terrific sentence, Chrissy. I could just read it over and over and it will make me laugh every time. Thank you. :D

Blasphemy!!!!

I think I'd rather buy bookshelves and hide the ones I keep on filling. I HATE lending books to friends. lol

And just what in the name of Kafka's favourite metaphor is a book monkey?!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

With all the recent talk about book shelves I thought I'd resurrect this thread and try to entice you all to post pics of your books. Here are some updated pics of my own.

The first three are from my library. The bright orange thing in the third pic is my tape measure, which I was using to measure up space for more books. :blush:

The third pic shows mostly reference books on the first few shelves and my Trixie Belden and BSC books are on the bottom two shelves (two layers deep).

The last pic is my bookcase downstairs. It's a Billy bookcase laid on its side and has my Beatles books and other reference books up the far end, and most of my DVDs at the other end.

post-455-127972303807_thumb.jpg

post-455-127972303809_thumb.jpg

post-455-127972303811_thumb.jpg

post-455-127972303813_thumb.jpg