Show your bookshelf

beef

@Fi

I am looking to start selling books to earn a bit of money (being a very poor student), but if you would love to have a bookshop, where do you currently sell from?

Back on topic, I will soon post a picture of my books shelves! I love them. They are either side of an old fashioned fireplace in the front room of my flat.

OH promised he'd build my mini-shelf today (the famous one which we managed to half-build upside down before the screwdriver gave up on life...); if that happens I'll spend a couple of happy hours rearranging everything and finally show you lot what my shelves look like :D.

Guest velocipede2288

I have around 2000 books in my library strung around the house. Try to keep them in their order, classics, crime, books on books, modern classics, but it is not easy.

I see Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell! Middle case, second shelf from the top, far right :D And Billy Connolly's biography above it and to the left. First books I've identified other than Harry Potters & Twilights on people's shelves. I love the first picture. I'd love cases like that and enough books to put in em.

I will try to overcome my computer retardation and post a pic...

Has that worked? Hmm. If they are there then sorry the quality is rubbish. Only have my phone at the moment.

I'm standing on my bed in the first photo by the way. Due to too many bookcases I couldn't get far enough away to take a photo if I didn't.

Not quite in the thousands yet. I think I have maybe 500-600. What must 5000 look like?!?!

I see a Tardis figure thingie.. and I see Sauron.. right? Coolness.

And Harry Potter books. Who doesn't have em. :lol:

I love having so many books. Even though there's a lot I haven't read it just feels good to have them there. To have all those stories and knowledge there. Ahhhh.

I hear you Steeeeve and I heartily agree. I feel exactly the same about my books (and I have a rather large number of unread books too :lol:).

Steeeeve yours are very impressive.

Fi, 5000 :boogie:that is awesome!!!

Everytime we watch a movie and I see a room with lots of shelves I nudge my hubby and say look look :lol:

I'm just so excited I've found a good place to share my love of books (and even be able to post a pic of my dilapidated bookshelves and show them off proudly):lol:.

So the first pic is my everyday bookshelf,

The bottom 4 rows to the right are double shelved so you can't see all my single books, most my collections of authors are at the front, the top shelf is what I have been collecting from an op shop for when I finish my degree and can have my own bookshelf for my students to share.

oh and the two rows behind my Bali Buddha are my tbr for the moment...

picture.php?albumid=278&pictureid=2391

The next one is my little ones bookshelf, which I love adding to.

picture.php?albumid=278&pictureid=2392

Guest velocipede2288

C:UsersAlanDesktopNew Folderbooks.JPG

Don't know if this will work. But this should show part of one of my bookcases.

Don't think that worked. If I could upload from my pictures I could show you. But don't see how?

Edited by velocipede2288

You should upload the pic to an image sharer, or whatever it's called. I'd say http://www.tinypic.com since it's easy and you don't need to register. Then, copy the link from the pic (you know, http://www.. etc), and when posting, click the little square (with the mountain) above the part where you can write your post, and in the screen you get there, paste your link. Make sure the pic isn't too big though..

Or, you can attach a picture.. click the paperclip above the posting area, under "upload file from your computer" click browse, upload the picture, and then again click the paperclip and you can add that picture.

Wow, sounds complicated. :lol:

@Miltenburg, poor bookshelf, the shelves are all bent from the weight of the books hee hee. The middle three, or just does it look like that? But looks like a well-loved shelve, you even pay the books down flat so there'll fit more.. I hate doing that. :lol:

and I'd love to be a bookseller too. I'd love my own bookshop! Just a small quiet one, as I think you already know, like in You've Got Mail. Awh. You're really lucky. ;)

But would you sell them to people? :( I know I wouldn't.

Ummm, about 5000 :lol: I have most of them in storage now until I get my own place again - I only have room for about 400 in the house I'm currently sharing :lol:

What do you call this storage space? The World Library?

:readingtwo: I have no idea when I'll be even close to reading 3000 books. I've read what... 400? :D

thank you Univerze and frankie, it is very well loved and now you mention it a tad sagging... I hate having to lay them down but it will do for now mwah ha ha, I also have a beautiful wooden bookshelf that is filled with my 500+ dvd collection:blush: and one day I would like to match that for my books.

^Ah, see for me, books over films. I have more books than films, like, 4 times as many books. I love films, but if I have to choose buying a book over buying a film, easy choice.

Me too. I enjoy watching films but I'm more likely to buy a book if I need an afternoons entertainment. Although if anyone asks what I want for Christmas/birthday I will usually say a dvd, they're less likely to pick up the wrong thing!

Guest velocipede2288

post-1611-127972303006_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the information on uploading. Hope this works.

Wow! it did. that is just one corner of my office. I have another room full of books too.

What do you call this storage space? The World Library?

No, my parents garage - they don't have a car so I might as well use it for something. It's a secure garage and has insulation/damp-proofing so there's no damp. I can't wait til I can get them all out and back on shelves.

I shall try to get some pics of the few shelves I have at the moment and put them up later :readingtwo:

[ATTACH]1005[/ATTACH]

Wow! it did. that is just one corner of my office. I have another room full of books too.

Now that's a library!

I like the knife, is that to deter people who break spines?!

[ATTACH]1005[/ATTACH]

Dear god in heaven.

That sir, is more beautiful to mine eyes than Dulcinea Del Toboso was ever to Don Quixote. I take my chance at bowing elaborately before a superior.

My small collection :readingtwo:

0502102118.th.jpg

0502102119.th.jpg

0502102120.th.jpg

0502102121.th.jpg

There's row of books behind each rack. :D I want a different bookshelf, I got this at a cheap store and there's no place for more books.... sigh

I make an effort at sorting by genre and TBR pile. I can't for the love of me understand author last name based sorting. Feels better to sort according to Genre so I can just find what I'm looking for.

A measly 185 books in all.

Catalogued in my LibraryThing account.

Though on a sidenote all of this is from my allowance. Come july I'll buy one book a day from my job. (yay!)

Edited by vinay87