Show your bookshelf

beef

I'm so impressed with how tidy your bookshelves are Kylie!

I've finally got round to taking some photos of mine. This is a selection of our bookshelves at home (there are some more in my profile in the "Bookshelves" album, but some are in too awkward a position to be able to photograph!).

post-2032-127972301303_thumb.jpg

post-2032-127972301305_thumb.jpg

post-2032-127972301306_thumb.jpg

post-2032-127972301308_thumb.jpg

post-2032-127972301311_thumb.jpg

Thanks Charm - I've passed on the compliments to my OH who built them all (although I did do some of the painting ;))!

They are very nice :D

Thanks for your kind comments everyone! :D

I'm so impressed with how tidy your bookshelves are Kylie!

Thanks ;) It took a lot of time to get them like that. I have this thing where they have to be lined up to the edge of the bookshelf exactly. ;)

I've finally got round to taking some photos of mine.

Yours look terrific! I also love the colour of the walls; I have my bedroom painted red, but your walls have a much more regal look about them. I also love the lights draped over the shelves. That's such a nice touch!

Is that a copy of Stand on Zanzibar? (first bookshelf, third shelf down, two-thirds of the way across?).

It is indeed! Nice eyesight to be able to pick that out among the blur! :smile2: I haven't read it yet though :( Have you?

Yours look terrific! I also love the colour of the walls; I have my bedroom painted red, but your walls have a much more regal look about them. I also love the lights draped over the shelves. That's such a nice touch!

The red paint is my favourite colour in the whole house. It's a natural pigment blood red colour and it's very matt in texture, almost chalky to the touch. I love it!

However, I have to be honest and say the lights were put up for Christmas about 6 or 7 years ago, and we never got round to taking them down ;) It's much easier to leave them in place, and they're a flower design so don't look too Christmassy!

It is indeed! Nice eyesight to be able to pick that out among the blur! ;) I haven't read it yet though :D Have you?

No!

I bought several of the SF Masterwork titles in a Waterstone's sale about a decade ago and have hardly read any of them (those I have were good, but pretty hard going . . .).

I've always like the name of the book though!

Kylie - Your books are so organized!! I love it!! And your chair.. I could sit in that for hours and hours. :lol:

And Chesil, I actually really like the twinkly lights up.. and the white bookcase is gorgeous!

Very lovely shelves, Chesil and Kylie! I'm officially jealous :lol:.

I don't have any Potter books (not to say that I won't eventually have them one day) but do have many King books. I cannot seem to part with all the old school novels of his I read in high school. Pet Cemetery, Cujo, Carrie, Christine, Salem's Lot, Different Seasons, Night Shift, and my personal fave, The Shining :lol:.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: My collection has expanded even more.

My original shelves are on the left, the ones over my bed. They're now completely packed.

On the right, is my new addition to my room, an old tv/recorder unit I nicked from the living room. The arrangement is me trying to be fancy. My collection (if five is a collection) of old books in in the middle.

post-1908-12797230133_thumb.jpg

post-1908-127972301631_thumb.jpg