What is the Worst Film You Have Ever Seen?

supergran71

OK unfair question for me. I watch between 300-450 movies a year, and not all of them are good or even OK.

So I went through my netflix list which is only about 1/2 the story, but I found some I hated.

The Fog - What was that? Awful!!!

Close My Eyes - Got this one because of Alan Rickman :). OMG I hated it. I still love Alan though.

Pi: Faith in Chaos - There are no words.

These are all my 1 star ratings. I hardly go below 2 stars, so you know these were bad...unwatchable.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, I usually tend to think that film taste is subjective, but really, for some of those bad movies out there an excuse doesn't tend to be in sight, lol. Some of the movies I saw in earnest, and others I knew were bad going in but wanted to make all kinds of fun. :)

A Night in the Life of Jimmy Reardon

Independence Day

Lost Boys: The Tribe

Shark Attack 3: Megalodon

Fire Down Below

Queen of the Damned

Red Planet

OK unfair question for me. I watch between 300-450 movies a year, and not all of them are good or even OK.

So I went through my netflix list which is only about 1/2 the story, but I found some I hated.

The Fog - What was that? Awful!!!

Close My Eyes - Got this one because of Alan Rickman :). OMG I hated it. I still love Alan though.

Pi: Faith in Chaos - There are no words.

These are all my 1 star ratings. I hardly go below 2 stars, so you know these were bad...unwatchable.

I love Alan, too!

Queen of the Damned

Agreed, truly hideous film of an excellent book. What were they thinking?! Especially after "Interview with the Vampire" was so good. Why cast some poor unfortunate dead soul as the leading lady - did they think it was morbidly appropriate or something? So disrespectful. The new Lestat was pretty appalling (much as I dislike Tom Cruise, he had Anne Rice's French bad boy down to a "T"), and why on earth did they try and combine two already pretty long books? The list of gripes is endles... *aaaaaaaaargh!*

Agreed, truly hideous film of an excellent book. What were they thinking?! Especially after "Interview with the Vampire" was so good. Why cast some poor unfortunate dead soul as the leading lady - did they think it was morbidly appropriate or something? So disrespectful. The new Lestat was pretty appalling (much as I dislike Tom Cruise, he had Anne Rice's French bad boy down to a "T"), and why on earth did they try and combine two already pretty long books? The list of gripes is endles... *aaaaaaaaargh!*

I haven't read any of the Lestat books, but friends of mine who are great fans were so disappointed in QOTD, especially since Interview was so good! It's too bad they couldn't bring the same actors back, but then they also must have had different screenwriters and producers even?! How else could it have been so horrid?

Oh that was an awful film! I haven't read any of the books (Interview with a Vampire is on my book shelves and calls to me to be read whenever I walk by) but I'd imagine it did the book no favours!

The worst film I've ever seen is A History of Violence. I was just expecting a bit more and there's a really awkward sex scene near the end. I'm not a prude but I was embarrassed! Eeeek! :lol:

I think I cried for about a week after I saw that film.....and everytime I heard that song by Celine Dion (but that's because it was painful!!) I must admit I'm a bit of a softy when it comes to romantic movies. I still haven't quite got over The Notebook.

I haven't seen Titanic in a while but I think if I watched it now I'd be wondering what all the fuss was about. :lol:

I hated Titanic too, didn't see what the fuss was about

I'm glad I'm not the only one, I sometimes fear I'm becoming over-cynical in my old age. It's not that I don't like romantic movies (I loved Love Actually and Gone With the Wind amongst many others) but Titanic was just too sickly-sentimental.

yeah I think you're right there, and, I dunno there was something about oh I can't think of the characters names...kate and leo then...that didn't make me think they had to be together, which I get from other films.

I dislike the main couple in Four weddings and a Funeral too (Charles and Carrie?). But that is because I find Andie McDowl so wooden and that means they have no chemistry

I've been reading about Titanic since I was a kid, and I have to say the film got a lot of it right - it also got a lot of things wrong as well, but some of the sequences during the sinking are as close as I think we will come to knowing what it was like to have been there.

Also, the film looses a lot on the small screen, it worked a lot better in the cinema.

A Night to Remember is the best Titanic film though.

In Love and War (1996) starring Sandra Bullock as the nurse Ernest Hemingway falls in love with while he is an ambulance driver in WWI. Chris O'Donnell played Ernest Hemingway. Boring!! It was so awful that I got up and left the theater in the middle of the movie. Sandra Bullock was not the actress for this role.

"Deep Impact" was the worst movie I ever saw.. some armageddon style movie and it was awwwwffull... AND the name sounds like a trashy XXX movie.... :)

I quite like Deep Impact (I had never thought about the name before though :(:irked:).

I started watching Date Movie the other night and had to switch it off.

It's not even as if I don't like Kate Winslet or Leonardo DiCaprio. I was very impressed with Leonardo's acting in The Aviator (film about Howard Hughes) and Kate has done some fine acting. That one just wasn't believable.

I agree, Poppy. I've seen both actors turn in some very good performances. It was just Titanic that was so ridiculous. (That bit where Titanic is sinking fast and they are clinging to the railings at the flat end of the ship and she says something like 'This is where we first met' as if it had been years before instead of about 48 hours!)

Did anyone else dislike 'Mamma Mia'? I cringed practically the whole way through it. I know it is supposed to be a 'feel-good' film but the only time I felt anything akin to pleasure was when the credits rolled and I was, mercifully, put out of my misery. The scenery was nice, though!

The absolute worst film I ever saw was 'Catwoman' with Halle Berry. I went one Tuesday morning during the summer holidays and had the entire screen to myself. I couldn't leave the cinema purely because I had never experienced being alone in the cinema. I got up, stretched my legs, had a dance, that type of thing, you know? The projectionist must have thought I was nuts...:irked: