What is the Worst Film You Have Ever Seen?

supergran71

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sin City is my BF's fave film, but I'm not overly keen on it, I fell asleep the first 2 or 3 times of trying to watch it :irked:

Mamma Mia was okay, it's just a bit of fun I think, as long as you can take it that way then you can enjoy it, it's hardly a masterpiece.

Two films that come to mind are Wicker Man the new remake, and Ghost Rider. Ghost Rider was turned off after 10 minutes, and Wicker Man was just pants, I love Nicolas Cage though, so that's how I end up watching them, I watched Bankok Dangerous recently and thought it was going to be absolutely awful, but it wasn't so bad, typical action romance really.

Ghost Rider was turned off after 10 minutes

Don't say that, it's one of my favourite films, like, ever! I remember seeing the advert and thinking, "OMG this dude's motorbike is on fire! I need to see this!" - I am a sucker for Harley Davidson bikes, and the fact they modelled Ghost Rider's bike on the Peter Fonda's "Easy Rider" chopper, plus obviously their choice of the man himself as the devil made me drool at the very trailer... the other half got dragged mercilessly to the cinema, and actually ended up admitting it wasn't half bad. A very nice friend got me the DVD for Christmas, which claims to be extended but wasn't as far as I could tell, *cry*, I wanted more hellish motorcycle mayhem!

I surprisingly enjoyed Mama Mia! I really didn't expect to at all, and I hated the young couple, the storyline in general, etc. But I loved the three older women. Utter legends, all three. I'd say they must have had mad fun making the movie.

THE worst ever was a Tom Hanks film. I think it was a remake of an old one.

A group of bankrobbers con their way into boarding with an old lady whose house ajoined, or was close to a bank they wanted to tunnel into. I can't remember the name, and really nor do I want to except that I would want to avoid it!

I've just looked at the other posts, maybe I am talking about "A League of Extraordinary Gentlemen"?

It's called The Lady Killers and I kind of like this one. I can't stand Gone With the Wind.

Don't say that, it's one of my favourite films, like, ever! I remember seeing the advert and thinking, "OMG this dude's motorbike is on fire! I need to see this!" - I am a sucker for Harley Davidson bikes, and the fact they modelled Ghost Rider's bike on the Peter Fonda's "Easy Rider" chopper, plus obviously their choice of the man himself as the devil made me drool at the very trailer... the other half got dragged mercilessly to the cinema, and actually ended up admitting it wasn't half bad. A very nice friend got me the DVD for Christmas, which claims to be extended but wasn't as far as I could tell, *cry*, I wanted more hellish motorcycle mayhem!

To be fair I should probably give it another chance :irked:

• 2 months later...

I think you're all going to shoot me but I didn't like "American Beauty" at all. I went to see it at the cinema when it was released and I actually fell asleep during the showing.

Later that year they got like I don't know how many Oscars and I was stunned because I didn't like the film at all

For me these rank pretty high as the worst movies:

Titanic (tops the charts!)

Any of the Anerican Pie series

Troy - even with all the beautiful men it was such a bad film!

300 - ditto the above comment

Pearl Harbour

That's all I can think of right now. There are lots of movies I don't like but these are the ones I actually think are bad movies.

I think you're all going to shoot me but I didn't like "American Beauty" at all. I went to see it at the cinema when it was released and I actually fell asleep during the showing.

Later that year they got like I don't know how many Oscars and I was stunned because I didn't like the film at all

That is one of my favourite films :) I absolutely love it.

I'm not sure if I've already posted on this thread but this film is worth a second mention anyway. The History of Violence is probably the worst movie I've ever seen. Nothing happens! Not good! (Hope I'm not criticising someone's favourite movie here! eeeek!) :)

Being John Malkovich has to be the worst movie I have ever sat through, I just didn't get it.

I agree i just did not get it! I'd heard people rave about it, but i just got so fed up with it i didn't finish it. I found the idea of watchinganymore angonising!

I agree i just did not get it! I'd heard people rave about it, but i just got so fed up with it i didn't finish it. I found the idea of watchinganymore angonising!

You know, Being John Malkovich is probably one of my all-time favorite films! I love anything that Spike Jonze and Charlie Kaufman do though. But ah, well, taste in movies is a subjective business :).

The History of Violence is probably the worst movie I've ever seen. Nothing happens! Not good!
For completely different reasons, I hated this too. The OH made me watch this - I shall never forgive. Horrible film, it is scarring yet teaches you nothing. I have let heavy films such as Dead Man Walking, American History X, The 25th Hour etc. scar me as they actually had a message to get across which required that kind of extreme impact; The History of Violence was very hard to watch, yet left me with nothing at all to account for my sacrifice.

Open Water. That wonderful movie featuring the thought provoking line, 'We are where we are, aren't we?'
You are right Roxi, that is profound.

Ultraviolet (I think that's what it was called, I've tried to block it from my memory). It had Milla Jovovich in it anyway. The plot, such as it was, made virtually no sense and the battle scenes were ridiculous, and not in a good way! Example: our heroine faces 700 armed men. How does she get out of this unscathed? Merely by crouching down, thus avoiding all the bullets. :)

For completely different reasons, I hated this too. The OH made me watch this - I shall never forgive. Horrible film, it is scarring yet teaches you nothing. I have let heavy films such as Dead Man Walking, American History X, The 25th Hour etc. scar me as they actually had a message to get across which required that kind of extreme impact; The History of Violence was very hard to watch, yet left me with nothing at all to account for my sacrifice.

You are right Roxi, that is profound.

Seriously. I wanted her companion, floating about in shark infested water next to her, to break into discussion about existentialism or something. It could not have been more stupid. Also, the acting was terrible, so it sounded like a genuine query from a stupid person or something.