A new first line of current book

Nici

I'D NEVER GIVEN MUCH THOUGHT TO HOW I WOULD DIE - though I'd had reason enough in the last few months - but even if I had, I would not have imagined it like this.

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

Mine too :D:D

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The air in the closet was damp and oppresive, fat with female smells, smells that seemed to invade his skin, silently, deftly mingling with his own sharp odors, his own cloying musk of fear and excitement.

The Violet Hour - Richard Montamari

"More than half a century has passed away since I, the youngest of the mourners, attended the funeral of my dear Aunt Jane in Winchester Cathedral; and now, in my old age, I am asked wether my memory will serve to rescue from oblivion any events of her life or any traits of her character to satisfy the enquiries of a generation of readers who have been born since she died."

From 'Memoir of Jane Austen' by James Edward Austen-Leigh.

I see..." said the vampire thoughtfully, and slowly he walked across the room towards the window.

Interview With A Vampire. - Anne Rice.

I was upon the fringe of Suffolk, a county rich in agricultural detail, missed by my untutored eye.

Corduroy by Adrian Bell

I'd had more than my fair share of near-death experiences; it wasn't something you ever really got used to.

Breaking Dawn ~by~ Stephenie Meyer :D

Mine too ;) I've been a few steps behind you all week.

'Wat vroeg je, Andy Bissette? Of ik 'die rechten begrijp zoals je ze aan mij hebt uitgelegd'?

I'm reading a Dutch translation actually of a book which was written in English. Now I'll translate it back to English as well as I can:

'Wat did you ask, Andy Bissette? If I "understand those rights as you've explained them to me"?'

(from 'Dolores Claiborne' by Stephen King)

'About thirty years ago Miss Maria Ward, of Huntingdon, with only seven thousand pounds, had the good luck to captivate Sir Thomas Bertram, of Mansfield Park, in the county of Northampton, and to be thereby raised to the rank of a baronet's lady, with all the comforts and consequences of an hansome house and large income.'

(from 'Mansfield Park' by Jane Austen)