A new first line of current book

Nici

"It's that moon again, slung so fat and low in the tropical night, calling out across a curdled sky and into the quivering ears of that dear old voice in the shadows, the Dark Passenger, nestled snug in the backseat of the Dodge K-car of Dexter's hypothetical soul." - Dearly Devoted Dexter by Jeff Lindsay

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Once upon a time - for that is how all stories should begin - there was a boy who lost his mother." - John Connolly, "The Book Of Lost Things".

^ By page 8 I was in tears. This is going to be an awesome book.

as it's already been said here it is ^^^^ i agree the first chapter was very emotional, i read it at my boyfriends while he went to the loo and tried my hardest not to cry like a baby, shed a tear tho...

They say the world is flat and supported on the back of four elephants who themselves stand on the back of a giant turtle.

The Fifth Elephant - Terry Pratchett

They say the world is flat and supported on the back of four elephants who themselves stand on the back of a giant turtle.

The Fifth Elephant - Terry Pratchett

Lol. :lol::blush:

Everyone agreed that the day was just right for the picnic to Hanging Rock - a shimmering summer morning warm and still, with cicadas shrilling all through breakfast from the loquat trees outside the dining-room windows and bees murmuring above the pansies outside the drive.

Picnic at Hanging Rock - Joan Lindsay

When it was all over, DI Jack Caffery, South London Area Major Investigation Team (AMIT), would admit that, of all the things he had witnessed in Brixton that cloudy July evening, it was the crows that jarred him the most.

Mo Hayder - The Treatment

"There are women who cannot grow alone as standard trees;- for whom the support and warmth of some wall, some paling, some post, it is absolutely necessary;- who, in their growth, will bend and incline themselves towards some such prop for their life, creeping with their trendrils along the ground till they reach it when the circumstances of their life have brought no such prop within their natural and immediate reach"

Rachel Ray- Anthony Trollope

"There are women who cannot grow alone as standard trees;- for whom the support and warmth of some wall, some paling, some post, it is absolutely necessary;- who, in their growth, will bend and incline themselves towards some such prop for their life, creeping with their trendrils along the ground till they reach it when the circumstances of their life have brought no such prop within their natural and immediate reach"

Rachel Ray- Anthony Trollope

Good grief! Thats a paragraph, not a line!! :D

"This is my favorite book in all the world, though I have never read it."

The Princess Bride, by William Goldman

Aha, love that opening line.

"The assassins dropped into the palace grounds at midnight, four fleet shadows dark against the wall." - Ptolemy's Gate. - Jonathan Stroud.