A new first line of current book

Nici

"If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born,and what my lousy childhood was like,and how my parents were occupied and all before they had me,and all that David Copperfield kind of ****,but I don't feel like going into it,if you want to know the truth." - The Catcher In The Rye by J.D Salinger.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am doomed to remember a boy with a wrecked voice - not because of his voice, or because he was the smallest person I ever knew, or even because he was the instrument of my mother's death, but because he is the reason I believe in God; I am a Christian because of Owen Meany.

A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving.

'When I was child, I had a lot of toys; my parents were rich and could afford them, I suppose, even in those days, but the one which I always remembered was the train.'

The Evil Seed ~ Joanne Harris

I'D NEVER GIVEN MUCH THOUGHT TO HOW I WOULD DIE - though I'd had reason enough in the last few months - but even if I had, I would not have imagined it like this.

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

Later, when it was over, he cast his thoughts back to that sun-struck May day in Cambridge - where it had all begun - and asked himself whether he would have done anything differently, knowing what he did now.

The Savage Garden. - Mark Mills.