A new first line of current book

Nici

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mrs. Rachel Lynde lived just where the Avonlea main road dipped down into a little hollow, fringed with alders and ladies' eardrops and traversed by a brook that had its source away back in the woods of the old Cuthbert place; it was reputed to be an intricate, headlong brook in its earlier course through those woods, with dark secrets of pool and cascade; but by the time it reached Lynde's Hollow it was a quiet, well-conducted little stream, for not even a brook could run past Mrs. Rachel Lynde's door without due regard for decency and decorum; it probably was conscious that Mrs. Rachel was sitting at her window, keeping a sharp eye on everything that passed, from brooks and children up, and that if she noticed anything odd or out of place she would never rest until she had ferreted out the whys and wherefores thereof.

-Anne of Green Gables; L.M. Montgomery

What a sentence!!!! :readingtwo:

That is quite the opening sentence Bethany :readingtwo:

'First of all, it was October, a rare month for boys' ~ 'Something Wicked This Way Comes' by Ray Bradbury

When Edward Carney said goodbye to his wife, Percey, he never thought it would be the last time he'd see her.

The Coffin Dancer ~by~ Jeffrey Deaver :readingtwo:

Edited by Charm

Mrs. Rachel Lynde lived just where the Avonlea main road dipped down into a little hollow, fringed with alders and ladies' eardrops and traversed by a brook that had its source away back in the woods of the old Cuthbert place; it was reputed to be an intricate, headlong brook in its earlier course through those woods, with dark secrets of pool and cascade; but by the time it reached Lynde's Hollow it was a quiet, well-conducted little stream, for not even a brook could run past Mrs. Rachel Lynde's door without due regard for decency and decorum; it probably was conscious that Mrs. Rachel was sitting at her window, keeping a sharp eye on everything that passed, from brooks and children up, and that if she noticed anything odd or out of place she would never rest until she had ferreted out the whys and wherefores thereof.

-Anne of Green Gables; L.M. Montgomery

What a sentence!!!! ;)

:D Love it! :D I'm surprised that nobody has posted the first sentence of Prousts book yet. :D

I remember watching the tv films of 'Anne of Green Gables' as a teenager. I recently found them again on YouTube. When I read the comments, I found out it was a book adaption. One day I'm going to read the books. If I ever can get through all the books I yet have to/want to read. Have you seen the films? Do you like the books better? People on YouTube commented that the last movie was too different from the book.

Edited by sadya

Hahah, Charm that's naughty! It was a huge plot point, that's why I covered it!

I was draped over the arm of one of the most beautiful men I'd ever seen, and he was staring into my eyes.

Charlaine Harris - Definitely Dead

Azoth squatted in the alley, cold mud squishing through his bare toes.

The Way of Shadows by Brent Weeks, book one of The Night Angel Triology.

I knew there was evil in the world.

The Trouble With Demons by Lisa Shearin.

Twilight was gathering, and Orpheus still wasn't here.

Inkspell (The Second Book in the Inkheart Trilogy) - Cornelia Funke.