Adverts you like/dislike?

Weave

Oh Jamie Oliver grinds my gears!!!! Its the whole 'down with the kids' that annoys me plus I am from a family of chefs who collectively hate him! :)

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the Subway adverts with the talkling vegetables. The jalapeno one where he goes "Ooh mama, too hot, too spicy. Hot hot!" makes me crack up everytime.

I also like the Gregg's adverts with Paddy McGuiness. I especially like the one where he gets his pastie, goes to the top of a hill in the car and says "Little bit of romance you and me are gonna experience now. Come 'ere!" and then takes a bite. Me and my parents were randomly saying "Come 'ere!" to each other for months after that.

• 1 month later...

I am loving the new PG Tips tea advert with Monkey & Al...makes me laugh everytime I see it and think of Eric & Ernie with their version....:roll:

Edited by Inver

I love the Carlsberg Irish ad.

Bunch o lads in some country and they go up to the bar and the barman says, 'where are ye from?'

'Ireland!'

'Ah Ireland! Sing us a song! Or an Irish dance!' and this hot girl comes up, 'sing... or dance...'

And one of the lads goes, 'An bhfuil cead agam dul amach go dt

I haven't seen the new PG Tips one yet, so I'll have to watch out for it.

I like the one for Rightmove, where the woman runs through people's houses - I think I just admire her energy! :blush:

I can't stand the one with the cartoon character "Hi, I'm Sophie" - I think it's something to do with comparing bingo sites and it's on every :roll: break.

I don't remember which charity it is for, but I can't stand that one where that girl gets slapped in the back of the head over & over & over (amongst other things that happen to her repeatedly through the course of the ad) I ge tthe significance of it, I just HATE that ad & it's always on.

I love this advert. I have two of those monkeys at home (even though I hate PG Tips - I bought it for the monkey and threw away the tea bags).

Lol! I saw this advert tonight for the first time and liked it. :roll:

I don't remember which charity it is for, but I can't stand that one where that girl gets slapped in the back of the head over & over & over (amongst other things that happen to her repeatedly through the course of the ad) I ge tthe significance of it, I just HATE that ad & it's always on.

I don't like that one either, Ceinwenn. Yes, I get it, but I don't like it. I understand there have been quite a lot of complaints about it but they decided to keep it on.

I think if I remember correctly it has to do with domestic abuse but it give me the creeps even though they are trying to get a message across. I am sure they could have found another way to do it.

I think if I remember correctly it has to do with domestic abuse but it give me the creeps even though they are trying to get a message across. I am sure they could have found another way to do it.

I think it's Barnardos. It's about a child getting abused when she's younger, which results in her taking drugs and being in jail etc. It using the shock factor with the smacking which works in my opinion.

I agree, I hate all of those kind of abuse adverts, I understand why they need to be shown, but every advert break for hours at a time is a bit unfair to the watcher

I agree - those adverts really get to me. I have to mute the television because just hearing it is awful. And the compensation adverts get my blood boiling too - there's so many of them.

As for adverts I like - the KFC ones from a couple of years ago where they sang were great. The one with the dad mocking the son's hair is great - i even youtube-d it :roll:.

I hate any mascara advert with the tag line "styled with lash inserts and/or enhanced post production". Even with that line, t's false advertising - just show us what the product CAN do, not what you can do with falsies and computers!

I am loving the new PG Tips tea advert with Monkey & Al...makes me laugh everytime I see it and think of Eric & Ernie with their version....:D

I absolutely love this advert too! I have a little cuddly 'Munkey' and often want to dance around the kitchen with him! lol!:lol:

The insurance adverts for insurance with Iggy Pop in them, there is something very unsettling about them:irked:

I don't know if anyone will remember this advert, it was for Full Stop and in it there was a wee girl and her Dad, who is abusing her and because of his abuse she is becoming more and more alienated, frightened, etc but they have wee girl represented as a doll (at certainpoints) and you see the Dad whispering into her ear, everytime I saw that advert, I wanted to take the doll off him and wacked him over the head with it!:D

I liked that one about Hovis with the little boy running home and he's going through the years and all the major events that happened.

Other than that, I hate all adverts, hehe. I usually switch over because they irritate me. Especially when you're watching a film on ITV and it suddenly goes to adverts in the middle of an important plot point :D.

I hate that the adverts are always SO much louder than the programmes they come in between so that if you're watching a quiet programme and have the volume turned up to compensate, you're suddenly deafened the moment the adverts come on. It drives me crazy - especially when Xander is taking a rare daytime nap - I suddenly grab the remote in a panic and hope to get the sound off in time before it wakes him!

I hate that the adverts are always SO much louder than the programmes they come in between so that if you're watching a quiet programme and have the volume turned up to compensate, you're suddenly deafened the moment the adverts come on. It drives me crazy - especially when Xander is taking a rare daytime nap - I suddenly grab the remote in a panic and hope to get the sound off in time before it wakes him!

Tell me about it! Lee Evans made a joke about that once - how you're just leaving the room once the adverts come on and suddenly they're shouting at you. So true. I hate that! :motz:Hehe.

I usually switch over because they irritate me. Especially when you're watching a film on ITV and it suddenly goes to adverts in the middle of an important plot point :D.

yeah I hate that to its so annoying.:D