What are your favourite radio stations?

Colin Jacobs

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I'd give Radio 4 a try this morning.....it was posh people describing a narrow boat :) Think I'll be avoiding that station for a while

:) I would have HAD to have kept listening to that for the sheer hilarity.

• 2 months later...

I liked listening to Kerrang when I lived in an area that my radio could pick it up.

When I moved I started listening to Virgin but was easily bored with them rotating the same 5 songs. Now they've rebranded to Absolute radio and have more control over the station, it's improved vastly. Shame they had to move the Geoff Show though. I used to love listening to him in bed.

I mostly listen to Classic FM (I have it plugged into my ears at work) occasionally the afternoon play on Radio 4 is quite a good listen, otherwise I have Radio 5 on in the car to keep up with the news.

• 1 month later...

I tend to listen to radio via podcasts or iPlayer rather than live radio, that way I can catch all the programmes on while I'm at work or asleep, which are usually the more interesting ones!

Podcasts:

Radio 1 - Chris Moyles

Radio 2 - Chris Evans, Claudia Winkleman's Arts Show, Jonathan Ross, Steve Wright

Radio 4 - The Archers, Friday Night Comedy, Ramblings

Five Live - Daily Mayo, Book Reviews with Simon Mayo, Mark Kermode and Simon Mayo's Film Reviews

6 Music - Adam and Joe, Jon Richardson

Plus on the iPlayer, I'll listen to Radio 4 book programmes:

Open Book

Book Club

A Good Read

Admittedly I don't listen to the radio that much, mostly just because I have such an extensive amount of music on my laptop that I can delve into. When I do listen though, it's probably got to be The Pulse Of West Yorkshire. Not a bad radio station. :D