At what time in the day do you read?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before I go to sleep, 1-2 hours, and when I wake up, get dressed and eat breakfast. And whenever I have some time when I would just be standing around otherwise. Like when I'm making dinner. Or ironing. Vacuum cleaners can be operated with one hand too. The time "before I go to sleep" is also relative, it could mean all night if the book is good. I have gotten older and wiser though, nowadays I rarely read all night when I have to go to work the next day. There are books that are worth it though. :blush:

I'm afraid I'm one of those who reads while walking!

Me too, although not since I had the children. I can't push a pram, watch the baby in the carrier and read at the same time.

When do I read? When the children let me. Mostly when breastfeeding bubbly, but often the eldest starts being naughty recently, or bubbly is fretful and I'm often too tired. So I read whenever I can and try to get some in at night, especially when I have no ironing to do.

#32: Its surprisingly easy, all you need is something to put the book on. I do my ironing next to a shelf of just the right height. One glance on the shirt, one in the book, one on the shirt etc. :smile2: I hate ironing, so the alternatinve to reading and ironing is just not ironing at all.. I don't hate other household work, but I hate ironing passionately.:)

I read at anytime of the day dependent on what I'm doing. I always read as I go to bed, if I can't I get very frustrated. Sometimes I will end up watching something on TV and not go to bed as early as usual and then be too tired to read, I am really annoyed with myself when I let this happen.

I do that too, Tasha. Despite their being nothing of interest on TV last night, I sat in front of it most of the night and neglected my book. Then I was annoyed with myself when I went to bed because I had been planning on reading quite a few pages! :smile2:

I read at any time of the day, anywhere I happen to be. I'll read while on a break at work, during meals, in bed at night, in bed in the morning...really at anytime.

I know what you mean, I don't usually watch alot of TV, but the Olympics are on at the moment and I am finding myself completely distracted and not getting much reading done.

I do that too, Tasha. Despite their being nothing of interest on TV last night, I sat in front of it most of the night and neglected my book. Then I was annoyed with myself when I went to bed because I had been planning on reading quite a few pages! :smile2:

Well that's the thing I don't really like watching TV, people ask me what my favourite show is and I usually struggle to think of one. I usually say University challenge! I would much rather read a book, but sometimes the TV just seems to suck me in and it really frustrates me!

My reading prime-time is around 11pm-12pm, after I go to bed. I often read throughout the day, especially in weekends, if the book is really good.

If I don't have a great book to read, I'm usually reading Time magazines throughout the day instead. "Fussy" does come to mind when considering my taste in books.