What are Everyone's Favourite Films?

marbles

The Terminal - I also love this for a philosophical sorta reason. I think its genius, and I love the not-entirely-happy ending - it's more realistic than most chick-flicks in that respect. Also Tom Hanks is an immensley talented actor.

I didn't understand The Terminal. I don't know why but I just didn't gel with this film. I'm a big fan of Tom Hanks but I can remember watching it and thinking "what?". I agree with you about the Butterfly Effect and Beauty and the Beast :P

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok in no particualar order

The Shawshank Redemption, i was one of the few who actually saw this at the cinema.

The Usual Suspects,

Jaws, especially the line "Your gonna need a bigger boat".

The Dark Knight,

Goodfellas,

The Crying Game,

Titanic,

The Naked Gun series,

The Silence Of The Lambs.

I like The Matrix a lot too, there's so much to think about! And in Jaws the 'your gonna need a bigger boat' line is classic xD

like many people its hard to pick favourite films, but a few that stick out in my mind are:

Edward scissorhands, House of flying daggers, House of 1000 corpses & Devils rejects, Lord of the rings trilogy, Eternal sunshine of spotless mind, Serendipity, Wuthering heights with ralph fienes, yummy, Leon, braveheart, last of the moheicans, apocalypto, gladiator, good disney films are beauty and the beast, pocahantas, brother bear, .....i could go on but won't :P

Edited by chrysalis_stage

Ditto to what you said about Lost in Translation, Roxi! I loved that film and would highly recommend it :P. Loved Donnie Darko too, and it's so cool to see it mentioned!

I am now adding Lars and the Real Girl to my list. Saw it over the weekend and fell head over heels. A most excellent and touching indie film so if any one of you are into those, PLEASE see this movie!

Favourites : Fargo, Ghost World, American Psycho, American Beauty, American Splendor, High Fidelity, Sideways, Happiness (and most Todd Solondz films if I'm honest), all of Tarantino's movies EXCEPT Death Proof, The awful truth (and, admittedly, anything else with Cary Grant. I'm something of a fan girl), Battle Royale, Clockwork Orange and others

I like almost every movie from Cary Grant, among them:

Arsenic and Old Lace

His Girl Friday

An Affair to Remember

Bringing Up Baby

The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer

and then there are others such as...

Braveheart

Silent Hill

The Shining

Fracture

All the Underworld movies

Every Indiana Jones film

plus others that are far too many to list here

Edward scissorhands

:blush: i love that film, Depp is so weird in it and the ending is beautiful, like a lot of Burton's films. He's a brilliant director.

Favourites : Fargo, Ghost World, American Psycho, American Beauty, American Splendor, High Fidelity, Sideways, Happiness (and most Todd Solondz films if I'm honest), all of Tarantino's movies EXCEPT Death Proof, The awful truth (and, admittedly, anything else with Cary Grant. I'm something of a fan girl), Battle Royale, Clockwork Orange and others

I like your taste, info! Well, except for Tarantino :blush:. Solondz is great - have you seen Welcome to the Dollhouse? Excellent movie! You sound like you might be a Wes Anderson fan too - have you seen any of his? Bottle Rocket is my fave.

I appreciate Tarantino's movies, I find them very good, but I don't watch them for fun, I don't like them. Does that make any sense to anyone who hasn't had two glasses of red wine today?

yes but the 'video' is funny, so cheesy

True. Too bad Hugh Grant can't dance to save his life. The only 'good' dance I've seen him do is the one in Love Actually.

Edited by ii

lol yes. I love that scene.

I have a bit of a thing for Hugh Grant movies...or just Hugh Grant generally...which is a bit wrong seeing as he's old enough to be my Dad, and I didn't like him so much with his floppy hair when he was younger

Yeah, well, not only do I fancy that pants off George Clooney, I've gone on record saying I find Clint Eastwood hot. And I'm 25!! *puts away the wine* I think your love for Hugh Grant is fine...