What are Everyone's Favourite Films?

marbles

Wasn't The Adventures Of Baron Munchausen simply a wonderful and brilliant film? Come on over to my place and we can watch it twice, I'll buy the popcorn. Maybe we can dance half-way through the film and feel years younger....

:) Sounds like a plan!

I completely agree with you - it is a fantastic film and, I think, a beautiful film to watch.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favourites are:

American History X

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120586/

Clerks

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109445/

To Kill A Mocking Bird

http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=to+kill+a+mocking+bird

Hannibal (all of them)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091474/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0367959/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0212985/

I am a big film fan so i have ended this here as i could go on forever :)

• 2 months later...
Anything with Will Ferrell

Anything with John Candy

Anything with action in it

Anything that is funny

Man, you're easy! Are you sure we're related? *grin*

Some of mine:

Good Night and Good Luck

The Interpreter

Dogma

Memoirs of a Geisha (so so beautiful movie, the scenery is amazing!)

Slap Shot (the Hanson brothers! And the opening, where the French-Canadian goalie demonstrates the penalties... priceless!)

Syriana

Shall We Dance (it's a feel-good movie)

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

M*A*S*H (the golf-joke!)

Anything and everything by the Marx Brothers. Especially A Night In Opera and Duck Soup.

All the X-men movies

The Shawshank Redemption

The Green Mile

Road to Perdition

The Fifth Element

Dirty Dancing

Little Big Man

Night of the Hunter

Night Watch (Nochnoy dozor)

Hellraiser

Howl's Moving Castle

Spirited Away

Wallace and Gromit (The Curse of the Wererabbit)

Lord of the Rings (the whole series)

Poltergeist

Shrek 1 and 2

Brazil

Twelve Monkeys:D

So many I don't know where to start !

The Colour Purple

What Dreams May Come

What the Bleep

American Beauty

Life is Beautiful

Gladiator

All the Babylon 5 movies (American sci fi series)

Star Trek Voyage Home

Star Trek First Contact

Star Wars

When the Whales Came

I no particular order...

Harry Potter

Black Beauty

The Horse Whisperer

Straight From The Heart (I only recently saw this. It was made in 2002, at least the version I saw cuz I got the impression from imdb that there's several versions - has anybody else seen it? I LOVE it! :censored:)

Spirit, Stallion Of The Cimarron

The Holiday

Just My Luck

errr.....I can't think of any more

Man, you're easy! Are you sure we're related? *grin*

Slap Shot (the Hanson brothers! And the opening, where the French-Canadian goalie demonstrates the penalties... priceless!)

LOL, I am starting to wonder if we are :censored:

Slap Shot is a great movie, I forgot about that one. I split a gut laughing at it :lol:

Some of the movies that I have enjoyed over the years, in no particular order, are:

Singing in The Rain

The Great Escape

Stalag 17

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Shane

High Noon

Lawrence of Arabia

It's a Wonderful Life

Saving Private Ryan

let's see.... in no particular order---pride of the yankees; field of dreams; while you were sleeping; arthur; the quiet man; shrek; happy feet; steel magnolias;.... that's about all i can remember for now.....carm

• 3 weeks later...

Looking at the title of this thread, it's funny that no one even tried to name one all-time favorite movie. Decisions like that are so difficult, with all the good material out there!

Here are my top... few:tong::

The Lord of the Rings series, particularly The Return of the King because you are very attached to all the characters by then

The Mummy with Brendan Fraiser and Rachel Weisz (if I'm watching it with my brother and/or cousins)

Tommy Boy (as you can see, my taste in movies is very developed and somber)

Beauty and the Beast

Pride and Prejudice with Keira Knightley - how moving! Wow! I've only seen the first half of the BBC one, which is possibly even better.

Maytime (I love the Jeanette Macdonald-Nelson Eddy movies! San Francisco was pretty good, too:D)

Rat Race

The Phantom of the Opera - wouldn't it be wild to be sixteen like the girl who played Christine was, working at an opera house and being asked to audition there for your favorite musical?? Manipulative characters like the Phantom get under my skin, but the songs are beautiful.

Napoleon Dynamite - if you were in high school when this came out, or if you were in high school in the eighties, you either loved or were slightly put off by this movie. Did it receive any notice at all in Britain?

Toy Story - my brother and I used to have this, the first of the great Disney-Pixar movies, memorized

• 1 month later...

hmmm most of them are chick flicks ;)

In no particular order:]

Mean Girls - i love high school/college based movies, and Lindsay Lohan + Rachel McAdams are great actresses.

Hot Chick - it stars both of my fav actors!!! Rachel McAdams and ROB SCHNEIDER!! WOO!!

John Tucker Must Die - another high school comedy. The actor who played John Tucker IS SOOOOO CUTE!!! :lol:

Scary Movie series - I love parodies, these movies are hilarious! And i love the actress who plays Cindy (forgot her name, how embarassing)

American Pie 1-3 - Hilarious. I thought the extra American Pies (Band Camp, Beta House, etc) were pretty bad though. I love Stiffler !! haha he's a classic!

• 5 months later...

Yeah, you don't have to pick just the one, unless you really want to. For me it's far too hard. So i just have a few favourite films.

Brick

Shawshank Redemption

Assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford

Da Vinci Code

Children of Men

Into the Wild

Walk The Line

Zodiac

There are a handful that spring immediately to mind for me:

Amadeus

Dangerous Liaisons

Stand By Me

Bell, Book and Candle

His Girl Friday

Arsenic and Old Lace

Bringing Up Baby

Clue

The Great Escape

Equilibrium

Swordfish

Ferris Beuller's Day Off

There are others I love and can watch over and over again, but these are the "main contenders" as it were. If I had to pick just a handful of films to watch till the end of time, I'd pick from these and be very happy! :)

Yeah, you don't have to pick just the one, unless you really want to. For me it's far too hard. So i just have a few favourite films.

Brick

Shawshank Redemption

Assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford

Da Vinci Code

Children of Men

Into the Wild

Walk The Line

Zodiac

"Into the Wild" would have to be the best film I've seen this year. Sean Penn is amazing, the cinematography is breath taking, and the soundtrack by Eddie Vedder is wonderful. Enjoyed it so much that I read the book and purchased the soundtrack.

Also enjoyed Walk the Line, Shawhank Redemption. I've not seen the Assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford, but was wondering if that was the film Nick Cave did the soundtrack for.

Into the Wild is an amazing film. I saw it and straight awa went out and bought the DVD. Just a brilliant film. Emilie Hirsch really established himself as a great promising actor in the difficult role. It was superbly shot showing the great outdoors and the surrounding that the really Christopher McCandless came into contact with.

Yes, Nick Cave and Warren Ellis did the soundtrack for the Assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford. It's a phenomenally good soundtrack. The only reason it didn't get nominated, or even win, an oscar was because the Academy have a stupid rule where things that are co-wrote by two people arn't accepted. Even though they've changed that to suit the Coen's. Not complaining about Joel and Ethan, they're fantastic, i'm a fan.