LOTR trilogy

Braveheart

Silent hill

Apocalypto

Beauty and the beast

Pocahantas

Brother bear

must stop now, could go on forever

I'm not a big film person, as I tend to get distracted really easily during them. However.. I have made it through some, so am posting some of the ones I love!

Little Women

Two Weeks' Notice

My Father The Hero

Not Without My Daughter

How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days

Sleeping Beauty

Sophie and the Moonhanger

28 Days

Stand by me, 2 weeks notice, the Back to the future trillogy, 27 dresses, Fools rush in, The Notebook, Navy Seals (have seen that one well over 100 times!), The secret of my success - I'm sure there are more!

Well, my list is pretty much the same it's been for some time...

Good Night and Good Luck (I can watch this over and over, it's brilliant!)

Marx Brother movies, especially A Night At The Opera and Duck Soup

Interpreter (love Kidman, love Penn, love the UN, so...)

Casablanca

Slap Shot (Hello! Hanson borthers!)

Mulan (by Disney. "And it's happy to see you!" has become an integral part of my vocabulary.)

Dogma (Brilliant! Smart and funny!)

Memoirs of a Geisha (so so beautiful movie, the scenery is amazing!)

Syriana

Shall We Dance (it's a feel-good movie)

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

M*A*S*H (the golf-joke!)

to name few. Latest additions to the list would be Hairspray and Enchanted, which I loved! It was such a surprise, a self-ironic Disney movie! Who could expect that?!

Edited by ii
added few and the bold, and some reasons

I love Mulan. :lol:

It's such an undervalued Disney movie! Everyone knows Lion King, and the old classics, but Mulan slipped through the cracks, and it's a shame, 'cause it's brilliant!!

It's such an undervalued Disney movie! Everyone knows Lion King, and the old classics, but Mulan slipped through the cracks, and it's a shame, 'cause it's brilliant!!

I agree :lol: Mulan is one of my favourites, especially Mushu. The songs are also great.

I agree :lol: Mulan is one of my favourites, especially Mushu. The songs are also great.

Oh! Mushu! I love Mushu! And I was named Cricket (by BF, like that's surprising anyone) after the opening song, the one about the matchmaker. "Add a crisket, just for luck, and even you can't blow it!" and then Cricket is the main reason why she blows it. Apparently this reminded BF of me. *rolls eyes*

The Ice Age movies were on at the weekend all I saw was the last 20 mins of the one that was on TV on Saturday and the whole of the Ice Age - Meltdown they were brillient:lol:

Ahh, Ice age is brilliant! I love the squirrel. :roll:

• 2 weeks later...

I'll keeping adding to this list, but here are some

Paris, Texas

Grosse Point Blank

The Manchurian Candidate (remake)

The Passion of the Christ

Gladiator

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

The Butterfly Effect

Star Wars

Lord of the Rings

The Blues Brothers

rocky 1 and 6

Edited by Kell
Added ALL capitals - please see PM

I love Lord Of The Rings. The only films that I prefer to the books, but if I'm being honest I've only tried reading the hobbit and I can't get into it.

I read The Hobbit at an early age and loved it, then read the three LOTR novels around aged 14-17 very heavy reading but enjoyable nonetheless. As for favourite films, some are:

Fight Club

The Shining

Donnie Darko

The Dark Knight

Die Hard

The Exorcist

Saving Private Ryan

Raiders of the Lost Ark

The Goonies

Monsters Inc

Corpse Bride

Dogma (Brilliant! Smart and funny!)

How could I have forgotten Dogma? Brilliant film!

I would also have to add to my list Into The Wild - I watched it recently,

and I cannot get the film out of my heart. I think it's there to stay. :P

I'm gonna repost my list, its been a while I think.

Elizabethtown - I know everybody hates it, and yes it's cliched and rambles a lot, but I like that. The point its trying to make is one about life, and life has a tendancy to ramble and seem senseless. As for the cliche - theres a reason those themes are cliches - they're universally recognised! I think its a lovely film. And it has Elton John music. = Awesome.

Lost In Translation: Bill Murray. Scarlet Johannsson. Philosophy. Epicness ensues. I don't care what ANYBODY says, this film is an absolute masterpiece.

Donnie Darko: I just love random cult movies, involving philosophy and physics and things. Also love The Butterfly Effect and Ghost World.

The Terminal - I also love this for a philosophical sorta reason. I think its genius, and I love the not-entirely-happy ending - it's more realistic than most chick-flicks in that respect. Also Tom Hanks is an immensley talented actor.

You've Got Mail - it has books, Tom Hanks, and the internet. What more could a movie want?

Serendipity - Again, Philosophy. I don't believe in fate, but I do believe everything is intrinsically linked, in fact its quite obvious everything is. Everything we do affects others with a ripple effect, and this movie just places a spin on that by adding the possibility of seemingly random events having a pre-determined, as opposed to simply determined, pattern. And its got John Cusack who is hottttt. Wouldn't say no to Miss Beckinsale either :P

Beauty and The Beast - because it's one of the only Disney films that focuses on not being a superficial so and so. And everyone says, 'but he turns into a prince in the end!' Actually, he looks gayer the combined total of Rupert Everett, Elton John and Graham Norton (all of whom I love dearly, but I don't fancy them!) so she didn't really win much. Also, in the original story, the girl/woman was the beast and the guy freaked and she killed him, so the original story makes a realistic comment on society. :lol:

The Matrix - do I really need to elaborate on this? Again, Philosophy. Its brilliant.

I'm sure there are others, I just can't think of them right now.

Edited by Nollaig