Jodi Picoult

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only read two of her books Change of Heart and My sisters keeper

Change of heart could have been good, if it didn't resemble The Green Mile that much. She should have left out the wonders and concentrated more on the moral discussion.

My sisters keeper was brilliant.

• 6 months later...

My Sister's Keeper is definitely a keeper! Jody Picoult is awesome! I myself wished the movie would have stayed true with the book and not had an alternate ending. I preferred the book ending - truth be told.

One of my favorites of her is Salem Falls! That hooked me with the first page. I couldn't put it down!

I haven't read 1 of her books before but have the pact here waiting to be read now. should make a start on it nxt week.

Hmm...will have to check out The Pact. Have not heard of it. Going to google it now.

Thanks!

Avid Reader, I strongly recommend Salem Falls!

Call me stupid, Star, but I looked at your avatar and for some reason I mistook Avid Reader as your forum name. hahah I am so sorry.

I am just getting used to this forum. I belong to IrishGaelicTranslationForum (IGTF) and members names are right above the avatar there. My bad.

*blushing with embarrassment*

Hmm...will have to check out The Pact. Have not heard of it. Going to google it now.

Thanks!

Avid Reader, I strongly recommend Salem Falls!

Call me stupid, Star, but I looked at your avatar and for some reason I mistook Avid Reader as your forum name. hahah I am so sorry.

I am just getting used to this forum. I belong to IrishGaelicTranslationForum (IGTF) and members names are right above the avatar there. My bad.

*blushing with embarrassment*

This is off the back cover for the pact incase you didn't find it .....

For eighteen years the Hartes and the Golds have lived next door to each other, sharing everything from Chinese food to chicken pox to carpool duty. Parents and children alike are best friends - so it's no surprise that in high school Chris and Emily's friendship blossoms into something more. They've been soul mates since they were born.

When the midnight calls come in from the hospital, no one is prepared for the appalling truth: Emily is dead at seventeen from a gunshot wound to the head as part of an apparent suicide pact. The gun holds a single unspent bullet that Chris tells police he intended for himself, but a local detective has doubts. And the Hartes and Golds, in a single terrifying moment, must face every parent's worst fear: do we ever really know our children at all?

Can't wait to finally try one of her books. Have you read any Diane Chamberlain books before? She's meant to write very similar.

I can recommend The Midwifes Confession great read.

He he never mind. I did wonder who you was talking to :smile:

I'll check that book out you mentioned. Thanks :friends3:

Edited by Star

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lone Wolf is on my list of things to be acquired post payday! I love Picoult and can't recommend her highly enough.

Star, The Pact is one of the ones that really sticks out for me, along with My Sisters Keeper. You won't regret giving it a read.

Star, The Pact is one of the ones that really sticks out for me, along with My Sisters Keeper. You won't regret giving it a read.

Yay can't wait to read it.

I'm plodding along with the last Hunger Games book 'Mockingjay' at the moment but then I shall make a start on it.

Hope you're right. My reading mojo feels like its slipping :o need something to pull it back

Has anyone read her new book Lone Wolf? I read it last week and I think it's one of her best! Right up there with My Sister's Keeper. It's such a fantastic read and quite a tearjerker

One on my wishlist me thinks. I have not long started 'Vanishing Acts'....seems ok so far but has mixed reviews on Goodreads.

• 2 weeks later...

I have given up with Vanishing Acts....not liking it at all...the plot and characters were just not holding my interest, and a few parts were disturbing....too many books to read to bother with trying to finish something you aren't enjoying. Off to find something lighter and enjoyable to read.

I have given up with Vanishing Acts....not liking it at all...the plot and characters were just not holding my interest, and a few parts were disturbing....too many books to read to bother with trying to finish something you aren't enjoying. Off to find something lighter and enjoyable to read.

I hear ya...that was my least fave of hers

It was a mere fortnight ago on the recommendation of a friend that I read my first Jodi Picoult book. Nineteen Minutes. I was pleasantly surprised. I found the premise of the book was relevant in today's uncertain and wavering societal climate, and therefore thought provoking. I really enjoyed the author's writing style; emotive whilst having a clarity and credibility to harnessed thoughts/ideas/plot.

I definitely will be turning my eyes to more of Jodi Picoult's books in the future. Recommendations of which books will be gratefully received. :smile:

It was a mere fortnight ago on the recommendation of a friend that I read my first Jodi Picoult book. Nineteen Minutes. I was pleasantly surprised. I found the premise of the book was relevant in today's uncertain and wavering societal climate, and therefore thought provoking. I really enjoyed the author's writing style; emotive whilst having a clarity and credibility to harnessed thoughts/ideas/plot.

I definitely will be turning my eyes to more of Jodi Picoult's books in the future. Recommendations of which books will be gratefully received. :smile:

I'm quite a big Jodi Picoult fan and I've just read The Tenth Circle and I really enjoyed it, even if the subject matter is a bit difficult at times :)

I'm quite a big Jodi Picoult fan and I've just read The Tenth Circle and I really enjoyed it, even if the subject matter is a bit difficult at times :)

I read the 'blurb' for The Tenth Circle, and though a story with a difficult subject matter as you mentioned, one that appeals to me nonetheless. I shall be giving The Tenth Circle a try. Thank you for the suggestion, lauraloves, much appreciated. :)

I read the 'blurb' for The Tenth Circle, and though a story with a difficult subject matter as you mentioned, one that appeals to me nonetheless. I shall be giving The Tenth Circle a try. Thank you for the suggestion, lauraloves, much appreciated. :)

I hope you like it, I really enjoyed it despite the hard subject matter :)

Well I finished The Pact over the weekend. I'm not sure how I felt about it.

I did enjoy it but I was expecting more. This was my first novel of jodi's. I had it in my mind that she was known for big twists?? Maybe not I'm not sure. I will try more of hers. Which one next hmmmm .....

maybe Handle with Care?

I have The Pact on my TBR shelf, not sure when I'll get around to reading it though, it has a lot of competition to be next in line! :blush:

The only other Piccoult book I have read was My Sister's Keeper and I was surprised at how good it was... I'd only read it as it was a Book Club read.

Well I finished The Pact over the weekend. I'm not sure how I felt about it.

I did enjoy it but I was expecting more. This was my first novel of jodi's. I had it in my mind that she was known for big twists?? Maybe not I'm not sure. I will try more of hers. Which one next hmmmm .....

maybe Handle with Care?

Go with My Sister's Keeper....really :)