Jodi Picoult

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my favourite books of all time is Nineteen Minutes. I'm not sure if it's a book that I could read again, but it made me think a lot. I've read a couple of her other books, including House Rules, and although I found the topics to be interesting, they became bit repetitive for me. I've had a glance at some of her other books including the new ones, and they sound really good, but not sure if I should go back to reading her work.

• 2 weeks later...

One of my favourite books of all time is Nineteen Minutes. I'm not sure if it's a book that I could read again, but it made me think a lot. I've read a couple of her other books, including House Rules, and although I found the topics to be interesting, they became bit repetitive for me. I've had a glance at some of her other books including the new ones, and they sound really good, but not sure if I should go back to reading her work.

Totally agree about Nineteen Minutes.  I just could not put it down.  I really enjoyed My Sister's Keeper as well.  Vanishing Acts was a good read - I didn't like it quite as much as the other two, but still definitely worth reading.

I have a few others by Jodi Picoult on my TBR pile - Mercy, Salem Falls, The Pact and The Storyteller (I only bought the last one last weekend, so it will probably be a while before I get to it).  I do know what you mean about the repetitiveness - I enjoy her books best with long gaps between each one.

• 10 months later...

Most recently I read my very first Jodi Picoult, House Rules. I thoroughly enjoyed the read, and was completely captivated by the story. Nineteen Minutes seems to garner the most positive reviews so I think I'll try that for my next Picoult.

• 3 months later...

I am reading my first Picoult, Plain Truth.  I love it, its a good, sturdy novel, I can trust it not to let me down  :P

Ah! Never trust an author till you get to the end of the book.... 

• 2 weeks later...

I never knew this thread was here! I was searching the chick lit area for something new to read and BAM! Jodi Picoult page. She is one of my favorites.  :smile:

• 4 months later...

I adore Jodi Picoult. I actually credit her books with getting me to fall back in love with reading. I still have her two latest books on my TBR pile but i've devoured all the others. She does occasionally confuse me though, it took me days to work out what the ending to Songs of the Humpback Whale was.

I have only read half of Songs of a Humpback Whale. I hope to feel up for reading the whole thing some time, but at the time, many years ago, I got bored reading the book.

I love Jodi Picoult's other books I've read though, I've read 12 of her books (though three of those were short stories and another one was a collection of short pieces). She is one of my favourite contemporary authors :).