Jodi Picoult

I managed to read both Vanishing Acts and Tenth Circle (it wasn't like I needed my arm twisting though :( ) and I thought they were both great. Both topics you never thought you would find yourself in but Picoult shows you just how easy it is to fall into them. They both make you question your feelings on moral/social issues too.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only read Sister's Keeper and have my 'signed' copy that I treated myself to when she was book signing in Aberdeen in May.

Have a few others on my wish list though. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Oh no cant believe Jodi Picoult was in Aberdeen - I didnt know :)

I loved My Sisters Keeper cried buckets! I have waiting to be read The Pact, Vanishing Acts and Salem Falls. Tempted to buy Keeping Faith & Tenth Circle but will have promised myself I will read some of the ones I have first.

• 3 weeks later...
do you all know she has a book out now on paperback called "Perfect match"

I am on a Bookray for that in Bookcrossing and am reading 'Plain Truth' at the moment (a bookring). I am just getting to the court room drama bit now.. :)

I read the Pact first, just picked it up in a charity shop, I had never heard of her before (it was before I joined any book forums!), I loved it and the style of writing, recommended it to all my friends.

Salem Falls was good aswell and there were some of the same characters from The Pact.

Really loved My Siste's Keeper and the ending really shocked and upset me.

Was a bit disappointed by Vanishing Acts as I thought it 'went off' a bit in the middle.

Just finished Plain Truth and really enjoyed it, loved the Amish stuff.

Am desperately trying to get a swap for Perfect Match now.

• 2 weeks later...
Jodi has also released a new one over here called Mercy. I haven't managed to get a copy yet.........

I read it pre-publication in May. It is certainly not one of her stronger novels, but as with the rest does explore themes to make you think! I won't say any more, as usual anything you mention could be a spoiler!

I am currently reading The Tenth Circle which is the first of her books I have read, and I'm really enjoying it. I've also just got The Pact from RISI, and all your comments are making me excited to start reading it!! I'm guessing that My Sister's Keeper is a must read so I'm now keeping my eyes open for that too.

• 2 weeks later...
I am currently reading The Tenth Circle which is the first of her books I have read, and I'm really enjoying it. I've also just got The Pact from RISI, and all your comments are making me excited to start reading it!! I'm guessing that My Sister's Keeper is a must read so I'm now keeping my eyes open for that too.

am also reading The Tenth Circle now :D

am also reading The Tenth Circle now :D

Hope you enjoy it! I really did, and can't wait to read the others. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I loved My Sister's Keeper, although it was a while ago that I read it. I started The Pact, but decided it wasn't for me, then felt the same thing when I started Salem Falls. However.. at the moment I'm reading Vanishing Acts, and enjoying it. So, it may be that different books suit different people with this author.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ive just finished reading Vanishing Acts, I did enjoy it but not as much as the others. Normally I carnt put them down so this one took me a while longer to read. It didnt help that I turned to the back and read some of the Group Discussion questions. I read something I should'nt have, so I will not be doing that again.:D

Ive just finished reading Vanishing Acts, I did enjoy it but not as much as the others. Normally I carnt put them down so this one took me a while longer to read. It didnt help that I turned to the back and read some of the Group Discussion questions. I read something I should'nt have, so I will not be doing that again.:D

I admit, I didn't care for Vanishing Acts all that much...it started off promising, but then half way thru it left me scratching my head....I was really disappointed, I had such high hopes for it. Even The Tenth Circle wasn't as good as I thought it would be.

First Jodi Picoult I ever read was The Pact. Found it started off okay but got bogged down with the legal side of it all. Also found characters a bit insipid for me. Did finish it though.

Next I read My Sister's Keeper. Loved this one. Great ending! Also liked all of the characters in it. . . especially the dog!

Now want to read Plain Truth. Is that one good?

Also have Vanishing Acts and Perfect Match tbr.