How many chances do you give an author?

Ronny

I`m happy to give authors a second chance, maybe a third if I hear really good reviews about a book, but it does depend on my frame of mind and also, whether there are other books around that I`m certain I`ll enjoy, there usually are, so I`d always choose to read those ones first.

I tend to read a book on the basis of the blurb on the back and the reviews. Therefore the author doesn't really concern me. I do look out for certain authors books, but if I read a bad one, I would give the author another chance if the story appealed to me.

About two.

I rarely abandon a book based solely on content as I research my TBR list rather well before beginning a book.

But if the author's style displeases me, I rarely try more than two.

As others have mentioned, so many books, so little time.

Cheers,

dan :lol:

Edited by purple95

Nooo! Don't say him! I just bought Angels and Demons a couple of weeks ago ... its on my TBR pile! I'd heard it was good :lol:

I like Angels and Demons. It's much better than The Da Vinci Code, but I liked that one too. In fact, I like Dan Brown and I'm not afraid to admit it.

I give authors two chances. If I don't like a book I put it away and try again much later. If it doesn't grab me the second time I get rid. If I manage to finish a book but I'm not overly fussed. I might get a second novel by the author and read that one. If I don't like that one, then I draw the line at trying any more.

Nooo! Don't say him! I just bought Angels and Demons a couple of weeks ago ... its on my TBR pile! I'd heard it was good :lol:

I enjoyed Angels& Demons, thought it was a really good read from beginning to end. Hope you think the same. :)

I like Angels and Demons. It's much better than The Da Vinci Code, but I liked that one too. In fact, I like Dan Brown and I'm not afraid to admit it.

I haven't read The Da Vinci Code but I did enjoy the film. Maybe I will like A & D then :)

I enjoyed Angels& Demons, thought it was a really good read from beginning to end. Hope you think the same. :)

Great! My mind has been put to rest. Thanx. :lol:

Great! My mind has been put to rest. Thanx. :lol:

Angels and Demons is epic. It should have been made a film before the Da Vinci Code. The Da Vinci Code caused mass hysteria by publicising religious 'facts' (some of which are already accepted loosely by scholars ANYWAY so why the hubub I don't know) - as factual history.

Angels and Demons is not about ideas within religion, it is about science versus religion. It is SO much better.

The only bad thing about Dan Brown is once you've read one book, you've read them all, in terms of characters and style. Fortunately the subject matter of Angels and Demons makes it epic enough to override that.

Angels and Demons is epic. It should have been made a film before the Da Vinci Code. Angels and Demons is not about ideas within religion, it is about science versus religion. It is SO much better.

Oh now it sounds good again. I knew there was a reason I bought it in the first place :lol:

I have a great memory of Angels and Demons.

I went to America a few years ago, and stopped in the airport bookshop, saw the Da Vinci Code and bought it not knowing what it was. Got onto my 7 hour flight to New York, and saw that it was a sequel of sorts.

Got off the plane in New York, ran to a bookshop, bought Angels and Demons (american cover - pretty!) and hopped on my 7 hour flight to Los Angeles, during which time I read all of Angels and Demons. I read the Da Vinci Code over the 14 hours going home.

Hehe. Good times.

- Back on topic: I'm going to give Dean Koontz a third chance. :lol: