Hobbies

Oblomov

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a good thread. I like threads that stimulate conversations where you get to learn about other members.

Nosy!

I've touched on some of these elsewhere, but when I'm not reading, I also enjoy playing World of Warcraft, watching films and cult TV programs, writing, drawing (though I don

Both those pictures are beautiful Nellie! I love photographs of the sunset :D

I don't really have many hobbies apart from reading and writing. I do enjoy ice skating and swimming but don't do it often enough to be classed as a 'hobby'. I also love rollercoasters and would love to go to all the major theme parks around the world...but then that's not really a hobby either.

I need to do more with my life! :D

I tend to have spurts with hobbies - they come and go then come back again. At the moment I've been enjoying doing logic puzzles again and have been chilling with the following: Mensa Challenge Your Brain Math and Logic Puzzles

Couldn't do them at all to start with, but perseverance has paid off and I'm finding the puzzles easier by the minute. Really getting the bug now though and I've had to order a new puzzle book.

Photography, drawing, sports (which I can't do for a long time! :D), fossil-hunting, playing with my kittens, fossilhunting and exploring castles and palaces and things (especially haunted ones)

Uni takes up most of my time but my main hobby is reading. Followed by DVD's and surfing the 'net. I also like to do the odd arroword and sudoku - I'm not really an active person although I should get off my bum and do an exercise dvd once in a while :D which I may start soon.

Lately I've been thinking about photography and writing but we'll see how that goes...:D.

Hmm, odd one out methinks :blush: But probably cos I'm older and a bloke!

Aside from reading and the net my main interests are (motor)bikes and science/engineering. I always need to know how things work and feel a terrible compunction to take things apart. My mum (who I see only rarely since she lives a long journey away) has always collected broken things for me when I visit :roll:

Years back when pc's were new and very expensive I couldn't afford my own so I figured out how to build one. Before that I was into an assortment of sports but never been interested in TV or watching others have fun.

When I was at school there was an 'initiative' to teach guys to knit :lol: but we just used the wool as friendly weapons.

Do you think guys should be banned from the forum? :lol:

Do you think guys should be banned from the forum? :roll:

Nah, we should keep you around for the entertainment value alone!

I used to have lots of hobbies - intricate embroidery was my fave, but I struggle with the necessity to keep my hands clenched because it hurts my joints, so I rarely do it these days.

I have too many hobbies, I start up new ones and drop old ones, and generally rotate all my interests. My latest craze is music. I'm reading a book on music theory (which I know very little about) and I bought myself a penny whistle yesterday (which I started to learn many years ago).

Other than that I like, creative writing, learning welsh, photography (which is currently on the back burner - I haven't picked up my camera for about a year) and I sing in a choir. Oh and reading :roll:.