Sepulchre - Kate Mosse

Emi226

I ran a search for this and came up with nothing but ive done that before so appologies if its around already.

Has anyone read this? im about a quarter of the way through and finding it really hard to get into. I absolutly loved labyrinth but this isn't catching my interest as much. Is it worth perservering with?

:D *goes back and tries again

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I see that this thread is a bit out dated now but I have just finished reading Sepulchre and wanted to share my thoughts on it...

I think it is worth perservering with if you are finding it hard to get into, it's a great story with lots of interesting aspects to it that I wasn't expecting. I wouldn't let the blurb put you off too much, as I always find that I get a completely different 'vibe' from the book than what the blurb suggests.

I totally agree with Jo-Bridge about the modern day parts - they weren't the best bits for me. I don't want to give too much away... I just want to say that I found the modern day story good to begin with but disappointing by the end as I found it didn't really add anything to the ending. I really enjoyed Leonie's story and think I could have happily just read that and enjoyed it just as much without Meredith's perspective.

Kerry

I generally find Kate Mosse's books fail to deliver. I read Labyrinth but the editing was so bad (like you say "OK" in the 12th Century?:)) and her heroine driving up and down France like she was just going to the shops annoyed me. However, I picked up Sepulchre earlier this year and thought the premise was good. It takes place near Rennes le Chateau (famous through the bestseller Holy Blood and Holy Grail) - she even has Berenger Sauniere appear in the book; plus the Debussy link which I thought was going to be interesting seeing as he was part of the so called conspiracy theory in Holy Blood) but ..... it just didn't really happen and I was quite disappointed in the end. I think she has an ability to write a page turner but I just wanted my pages to be a bit more interesting.

Love

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...