Bookmarks!

Michelle

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I couple of months ago i create my bookmark on publisher with pictures that basically represents me (pictures of my fiance, bunny, chinchilla, LOTS OF BOOKS) and then i went to staples and laminated it. It's the best.

My daughter does this for her bookmarks and has made a few for her friends and myself. She draws pictures and laminates them or takes pics with her phone, puts them on her pc, prints one off, flips the image on her pc so its a mirror image of the one she just printed and prints it too, then laminates them back to back so its a double sided photo as her bookmark!

Genius! :)

Edited by Charm
typo

My daughter does this for her bookmarks and has made a few for her friends and myself. She draws pictures and laminates them or takes pics with her phone, puts them on her pc, prints one off, flips the image on her pc so its a mirror image of the one she just printed and prints it too, then laminates them abck to back so its a double sided photo as her bookmark!

Genius! :)

That's awesome!

What kind of pictures does she draw?

That's awesome!

What kind of pictures does she draw?

Well she's only 12 so at this stage they are all cutsie teddys or bunnies and stuff like that, or some of the simple ones like smiley faces (she's just started doing her name and different slogans ... hope they remain clean!). She puts a lot of effort in to them and takes her time to make sure they look the part. She loves arts and craft type stuff .. always did. :)

Well she's only 12 so at this stage they are all cutsie teddys or bunnies and stuff like that, or some of the simple ones like smiley faces (she's just started doing her name and different slogans ... hope they remain clean!). She puts a lot of effort in to them and takes her time to make sure they look the part. She loves arts and craft type stuff .. always did. :)

Thats awesome! You must be very happy.

I don't have children of my own so i haven't had the chance to experience that kind of thing yet.

It's great that so many people have the idea for making their own bookmarks! :D

I know it's probably no great shakes for those who do make their own, but I get limited

inspiration whereas others have the fabulousness of having a creative/artistic mind.

When I do get inspired I then have to deal with 'translating' the idea into reality! :)

And Hi petit_canard, thanks for the pm! ;)

I agree, Chrissy. It's a great way to personalise your books a little more. They go perfectly together!

I'm not a particularly creative person, but I figure I can't mess up too much with just adding a few beads to a piece of string. I'm going to pick up an order of beads today so hopefully I'll get to make a few book thongs this weekend!

• 2 weeks later...

im not fussy really, although i went through a stage of buying one from everywhere i went that sold them, have loads of bookmarks from museums, art gallerys and castles etc

Also use pieces of wool, photos, have made my own too but the one ive been using the most lately is an embroidered one my mum bought for my 21st with a message on it saying:

MY DAUGHTER, i remember looking at you as a child, wondering what your future would hold. I wanted to shelter you from unhappiness and surround you only with wonderful things. I realize now that i could never have done this. For in order to appreciate happiness, you had to experience disappointment; to enjoy success, you had to have some failures; to feel true love someone had to break your heart. I couldn't protect you, but i want you to know i was with you every step of the way. When i look at you now and see the woman that has emerged from within, i couldnt be more proud. ;) This is my favourite bookmark!

For me it depends. If I'm traveling, that means I'm definitely going to take a book with me, and if that's the case, then I just fold a post-it in half and use that as a bookmark. But if my reading is done at home then I use a favorite gold, green and brown bookmark that was gifted to me by an art history professor three years back.

I make a simple blank bookmark at the begining of each year then i list all the books i read during the year on it. I've done it since 2000 it's a good way of keeping track of what i've read.

MY DAUGHTER, i remember looking at you as a child, wondering what your future would hold. I wanted to shelter you from unhappiness and surround you only with wonderful things. I realize now that i could never have done this. For in order to appreciate happiness, you had to experience disappointment; to enjoy success, you had to have some failures; to feel true love someone had to break your heart. I couldn't protect you, but i want you to know i was with you every step of the way. When i look at you now and see the woman that has emerged from within, i couldnt be more proud. :D This is my favourite bookmark!

This is so lovely! :D:cry2:

I make a simple blank bookmark at the begining of each year then i list all the books i read during the year on it. I've done it since 2000 it's a good way of keeping track of what i've read.

What a great idea!! ;)

I just wish I actually had a bookmark!

Aww Ben ... you poor thing. You should make one! ;)

I'm not a particularly creative person, but I figure I can't mess up too much with just adding a few beads to a piece of string. I'm going to pick up an order of beads today so hopefully I'll get to make a few book thongs this weekend!

Lol at book thongs. Makes me think of books wearing G-strings ;) But they sound a really good idea.

........ but the one ive been using the most lately is an embroidered one my mum bought for my 21st with a message on it saying:

MY DAUGHTER, i remember looking at you as a child, wondering what your future would hold. I wanted to shelter you from unhappiness and surround you only with wonderful things. I realize now that i could never have done this. For in order to appreciate happiness, you had to experience disappointment; to enjoy success, you had to have some failures; to feel true love someone had to break your heart. I couldn't protect you, but i want you to know i was with you every step of the way. When i look at you now and see the woman that has emerged from within, i couldnt be more proud. ;) This is my favourite bookmark!

What a lovely gift to receive and speaking as a mother, such a true message to send.

MY DAUGHTER, i remember looking at you as a child, wondering what your future would hold. I wanted to shelter you from unhappiness and surround you only with wonderful things. I realize now that i could never have done this. For in order to appreciate happiness, you had to experience disappointment; to enjoy success, you had to have some failures; to feel true love someone had to break your heart. I couldn't protect you, but i want you to know i was with you every step of the way. When i look at you now and see the woman that has emerged from within, i couldnt be more proud.

That line just made me cry. Now I have to redo my makeup.

Perhaps just reading such an emotional thing without expecting it?

Yeah, I was sucker-punched.

Either way, no problem. ;)

Well, it's easy for you to say! You don't see the state of my makeup! *laughs*

I recently started cross stitching and I have made my own eeyore bookmark which I always use ;)

I love cross stitch! I just don't have the time for it, unfortunately. Btw, there's tons of Tatty Teddy patterns available, in case you didn't know. (I'm guessing from your avatar that you like Tatty Teddy...)

I love cross stitch! I just don't have the time for it, unfortunately. Btw, there's tons of Tatty Teddy patterns available, in case you didn't know. (I'm guessing from your avatar that you like Tatty Teddy...)

Thanks for that, I keep browsing around for new projects so Ill see if I come across any ;)

Thanks for that, I keep browsing around for new projects so Ill see if I come across any ;)

Quick googling:

http://www.sewandso.co.uk/ran1681-0.html

http://www.cross-stitch-centre.co.uk/acatalog/me_to_you.html (I love the Pins and Needles)

http://www.sewdiscounted.co.uk/Anchor/Tatty_Teddy/shoprange_116_S_anchor.html

There's a few free ones online, like

http://www.coatscrafts.co.uk/Crafts/Needlecrafts/Projects/Tatty+Teddy.htm