Bookmarks!

Michelle

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm getting quite attached to my birthstone bookmark my BF's mom gave me for my birthday. I've never been one to use the same bookmarks for longer periods of time but this time I'm hooked, it's the only one I use anymore. Yesterday when I left my boyfriend (he lives in another town) and came home I thought I'd left the bookmark behind and was strangely bummed out. Luckily I found it in my backpack though :D

I use 3X5 index cards for my bookmarks. I like to buy the packages with mixed colors for a little variety.

I'm a "I learn it better if I write it down" type of guy, so I use the index card to record anything I want to remember from the book. Characters, locations, dates, etc.

For my non-fiction reading, I use the card to record any facts from the book that I want to remember, particularly if it a is borrowed book from the library.

I'll record any other thoughts I deem important about the book, author, or other books to read, etc.

Upon finishing the book, I transfer any notes I want to keep to my computer.

I've always found it handy to have a piece of paper handy while reading, so this is my system.

Cheers,

dan :D

Edited by purple95

That sounds like an excellent system, Dan. Very good idea! I write down any book thoughts in a notebook but of course I don't always have that handy when I'm reading so I have to try to remember to write it down later! :D

That is a good idea!

Quite often when I'm reading I'll think "I must remember that!" and, of course, two pages later, I can't even remember having thought "I must remember that!" - sounds like a good way of not forgetting, and it would help with reviews.

I was checking out the bookmarks in Borders the other day and came across their Book Thongs (basically a piece of string or similar with beads at both ends to keep it in place). I bought a gorgeous one that is now adorning one of my current reads.

I love the idea of these and I've been inspired to try creating my own. I think I'll head to the nearest beading shop on the weekend! The book thongs are just the unique thing I've been looking for. :D

An old friend of mine makes them with suede and co-ordinating gemstones - they're gorgeous and she can do them to order! Have a look HERE and if you end up ordering anything from her, say Kell sent you!

An old friend of mine makes them with suede and co-ordinating gemstones - they're gorgeous and she can do them to order! Have a look HERE and if you end up ordering anything from her, say Kell sent you!

You are a very bad person Kell! :D

I have bought two pendants that I completely feel in love with! Her designs

are just gorgeous. You are still a very bad person for putting a link in!

Psssst Thanks Kell! :D

You're welcome. :D She's an old friend, but we fell out of touch a few years back. I've just ordered a few new book thongs myself (when I say a few, read 5!!!).

PS Let me know which pendants you ordered!

These are gorgeous Kell. Had I not gotten 6 (yes that's right 6) bookmarks for christmas I would definately order one ... well maybe one or two ... or three :D

(:D Psst! ...I have saved the link! )

Don't forget to say who sent you when you give her feedback!

I've been thinking of starting my own collection of decorative bookmarks for display as I have several really beautiful ones now...

I couple of months ago i create my bookmark on publisher with pictures that basically represents me (pictures of my fiance, bunny, chinchilla, LOTS OF BOOKS) and then i went to staples and laminated it. It's the best.

That's such a good idea. I think I might do that :)