Michelle

• Replies 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That bookmark is amazing! I love that picture of Dean it's hilarious! :motz:

Gyre sent me two gorgeous Twilight bookmarks today, which was so kind of her! :)

You are very welcome :motz:

I have two bookmarks. One's a metal one, which has an angel one it which you twist to sit outside on the spine? I just read someone on here mention something similar but their's sounded much prettier. I also have a Matilda one which is probs my fave and says something like "if a calculator can do it, so can i".

x

I had a metal one too, with a butterfly. But I stopped using it because it folds the paper a bit. Sometimes I take unused postcards. I used to have different bookmarks, I always bought them when I could afford them, just because they were cute or nice. But since my daughter started reading books some years ago, I've lost most of them. One bookmark is never enough for me, because I often read two or three books during the same period.

We even had trouble finding bookmarks. So one day my children and me sat down with lots of paper in all shapes and colours and we made many bookmarks. For most of them, I just used pinking shears on nice paper while my children enjoyed making drawings on their bookmarks and gluing stuff on them. For a long time we had plenty of bookmarks. :) But by now most of those are lost too. It's back to unused postcards and the very few selfmade bookmarks which aren't lost yet.

Macmillan printed a gazillion bookmarks of my novel, Beachcombing, for their reps to leave at bookshops. The book comes out in early June, so if any of you happen to see my bookmark, please let me know. I live in the US and my book's being published in the UK, so it'd be great to hear where it's being distributed.

• 2 weeks later...

Ohh Ohh Ohh, just remembered this thread!

I received an awesome bookmark from my Grandma lastnight! ;) It's shaped like a B, and kind of clips on to the page. Infact.. I'll show you. I took pictures because I love it! Wooo.

I attached them if anyone's interested.

ETA. - Excuse the quality of the pictures, both taken with my phone.. second one seems to have come out badly, but that was just to show you all how my new super duper wonderfully amazing bookmark actually fits onto the page! :D

post-1300-127972301158_thumb.jpg

post-1300-127972301166_thumb.jpg

Oh I have one of those too Ben with my initial! Kookie bought it for me as a pressie, they're great :D

Yeah they are. :D

That is a lovely bookmark Ben :D

Thanks, I love it. ;)

A weekend with my ever-stitching mother and gran has inspired me: am on the hunt for pretty designs to cross-stitch onto bookmarks of my very own making. I haven't stitched seriously in about four years, I was then in the middle of a huge design that university committments got priority over; however it is an extremely relaxing hobby and bookmarks only take a couple of evenings each so... we shall see. If I find some pretties and succeed in realising them on canvas, I shall let you all peek.

My mum went to Scotland for a week to visit relatives and bought me back a crossstitch bookmark of a red squirrel and its latin name with some mushrooms and pine branches. I have done the border so far and started the squirrel, here is a pic I found online of it in its wrapper post-2056-127972301202_thumb.jpg

I have a Roald Dahl's Matilda bookmark which goes from book to book. I very rarely have more than one book on the go at a time so just the one bookmark suffices.

My uni books are full of scraps of paper with scribbled notes squeezed onto them :friends0:

I just finished cross stitching a bookmark yesterday - I did it as a mini birth sampler for Xander but instead of using it as a bookmark, I've hung it on his nursery door! :friends0:

xandersbirthsmaplerbook.th.jpg

I'm just busy designing a wedding sampler one with Dale's and my names and our wedding date on it to hang on our door...

That's really nice Kell!

I was at a vintage fayre recently and saw a really cool little cross stitched sign in a frame which I think I'll try to duplicate over the summer. I've never thought of making my own bookmarks though :friends0:

I seem to be a bookmark wrecker! Every book mark I have bought I have either ripped, dropped in the bath :), worn to death, or just lost it! I can't count how many book marks I've had! :D But however, for once I would love a bookmark that could withstand everything! The Invincible BookMark!! It would last for years to come! :tong:

• 3 weeks later...

i have recently bought a book mark i love and i have only used that since. It's a cat that sits at the top of the page and it's legs and tail hold the page for you. I got it from waterstones, and they had loads of others that were similar.

I have ooodles of bookmarks, in fact i think i may even be collecting them now.

However sometimes my nuerosis takes over and i use a plain strip of paper, write on it the name of the book and author, what date i started it then what date i finished it. Then do the same for the next book till the strip is filled.

I also have another method of writing down the number of pages, then how many i read that day, and how many i've got left. Sounds strange i know, but i have a drawer full of strips of paper dating back years that always amuse me to look back at.

I blame my mother! :she: