Continue the story.....

watch Coronation Street so decided to sashay in my new perfectly fitting and glamorous thigh waders and matching brolly (high end cotoure as everyone can see) in the pouring rain for as long as possible so that the general public could admire my fashion sense (not to mention my exquisite sashaying), when ........... 

Knock over one of the jars, and behold, the jars contents spread out and turned into an optical illusion. Everyone could see the curved lines except  Constable Getunder and he accused everyone of.......

p7slf0no_curved-line-optical-illusion_625x300_22_December_21 (1).webp

Edited by muggle not

I rang Augustus Slimeline, the local septuagenarian expert on snail migration in 19th century Philippines,and requested 48 glass jars with a cat bell on each pink lid, to be delivered immediately. 

Slimeline,  smoking a foot long opium cheroot, sounded

Edited by itsmeagain

dulcet tones.

'You looking mid range or top whack?', he croaked, making me wonder if he was North East England, due to the way he said 'raaahnge', a la Alan Shearer in a particularly forthright mode.

Now, given that I had fourteen  pounds forty one to last me 18 days, owed  a grand in rent, had a girlfriend demanding maintenance money for a kid who ain't mine, and am living on soup and bread,I said 'lower end , Mr  Slimeline, you see..'

''Hey the naahmes's Slimline, not Slimeline..are you trying be funny maate?', he asked,

“Not in the slightest” I replied “clearly I've been misinformed, my apologies for any offence caused. Now, as to the jars, that would be the most economically priced that you have, please” Mr Slimline looked confused, perplexed and puzzled. Stroking his stubbled chin (I could hear the scraping sound that made clearly) as he looked at me he ………….

said, 'well now, feller, ya 'an have for'y glass jars for  eight pound. How d'ya like that?'

He then offered to bring them round to my flat  (which is  at 45 Silk Rd,) causing panic in me. I gave him a false address. 

Needing to think quickly, I  said 'come to 19 Binswill Rd,  and ask for Jimmy. He's got the brass.'

I then hung up.

Next.......

that if I didn't come up with the twenty nicker (whatever that is!) PDQ (is that something one puts in a text message?) he would have to come over and give me a full scale mollicating - and I knew full well what that was.  Since he was clearly upset and very threatening, and  I certainly didn't want a mollicating, full scale or otherwise, I decided to .............

Edited by lunababymoonchild
dodgy typing

disappear, so I boarded the 09:54 coach to London, David Bowie's a new life in a new town, being my inspiration

I boarded, and the bearded gentleman driving asked for forty quid..

Taken aback, I played for time.

'Errr, I've  seven pound sixty three I think, here, the rest is in my rucker', I declared, not noticing the mouse like features of an unkempt black haired oaf down the bus aisle, eyeing said rucksack. 'I want payment in full , mush', said the driver, ....

otherwise you can 'op it!' Not being very good at 'opping,  on account of me dodgy knee, and not liking the look of ol' mouse features, who on further inspection more closely resembled a mangy ferret, I decided hitching was a better option.  Grabbing me rucksack, I hit the road and stuck out my thumb, only to get ...

soaked to the skin by drivers who thought that it was really funny to drive through the puddles and create arcs of water that hit me with force. Just as well I had me thigh waders on or I'd have drowned. Clearly, since they were all enjoying themselves too much to stop, I decided to ………

Edited by lunababymoonchild

legged it nimbly across the lawn of a medical centre, upon entry there I wailed, 'Christ Jesus , help me...' and Martis Bumm, 28, replied, 'I am here, dear child..'.

I kind of took offence at being described in any way as a child, and, because where I live,  such a slight deserves a slap, I tried to slice.....

Edited by itsmeagain