Women's Football

Madeleine

• 11 months later...
3 hours ago, muggle not said:

I see where Rapinoe from the U.S. has retired.

More so called controversy as Rapinoe says she would happily play alongside a trans player. Martina , is it, tennis player of my young days, objects..or something. 

11 hours ago, muggle not said:

I see where Rapinoe from the U.S. has retired.

This was a bad joke by me. Sorry.

The U.S. will be fielding a young team in the World Cup this year, but the roster will still include Alex Morgan and Rapinoe. The U.S. I believe has finished no worse than 3rd in the last 8 years but this year the competition is going to be fierce.

21 minutes ago, poppy said:

It's lucky the game went ahead. There was a gunman loose in the area this morning, he killed two and injured several others 😢

I know poppy. Amazing that news, like opinions, are instantly worldwide now. He was shot dead, the gunman, I gather.

1 minute ago, itsmeagain said:

I know poppy. Amazing that news, like opinions, are instantly worldwide now. He was shot dead, the gunman, I gather.

I haven't quite worked out if he was shot or shot himself. He certainly didn't have a gun permit.

2 minutes ago, itsmeagain said:

New Zealand get their first ever win at a World Cup.😀

People here are pretty excited, I gather 😁

• Thanks 1

Half way through game 4 , and NZ are the only team to get a goal that isn't a penalty. [They missed one.] 😢 

Only three goals in total, quite a low amount so far.  Glad I didn't get up in the middle of the night to see Nigeria  v Canada, nil nil. 😝

The U.S. beat Vietnam 2 - 0.

The Fox Network and our provider have not agreed on a contract and the game was not telecast. I found a station though that broadcast the game in Spanish so I got to see it there but could not understand the broadcasters.

12 minutes ago, muggle not said:

The U.S. beat Vietnam 2 - 0.

The Fox Network and our provider have not agreed on a contract and the game was not telecast. I found a station though that broadcast the game in Spanish so I got to see it there but could not understand the broadcasters.

3 nil.

The U.S. was outplayed on Wednesday by The Netherlands and were lucky to me out with a 1 - 1 tie. The Netherlands controlled the ball very well and the U.S. looked like they didn't know where their teammates were on the field.

8 hours ago, muggle not said:

The U.S. was outplayed on Wednesday by The Netherlands and were lucky to me out with a 1 - 1 tie. The Netherlands controlled the ball very well and the U.S. looked like they didn't know where their teammates were on the field.

I watched Netherlands  v Sweden at last year's Euros in Sheffield.  Two decent teams, excellent sporting atmosphere. 1   1.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The U.S. will exit after losing to Sweden. This certainly was not a good World Cup for the U.S. I see a tough future for the U.S. as many teams in other Countries have made headway and the U.S., including coaching, has fallen behind.

• Thanks 1

What is your take on England and Spain. I think they may be the best 2 teams remaining.

I believe that the U.S. may be better than they have looked in the World Cup this year. The media and many people in the U.S. are coming down hard on them, I believe unjustifiably.

3 hours ago, muggle not said:

What is your take on England and Spain. I think they may be the best 2 teams remaining.

I believe that the U.S. may be better than they have looked in the World Cup this year. The media and many people in the U.S. are coming down hard on them, I believe unjustifiably.

I think Spain are very good. England, resilient, not great. Who knows what will happen. Japan the best team, then Spain. Australia, good surprise chance there for them.