Um... hello!

Pierced Musie

Hey.

My name is Jess and I'm 21. I joined this forum because it is friendly and I love books... obviously :D. I used to read a lot of books through my teen years, mainly because I had nothing else to do and it helped me escape problems in my life.

When life got busy, I stopped reading. At the beginning of this year I began to read again because I wanted to escape life. I had a breakdown and I guess reading helped me through the dark period.

Now I am hoping to find some new books to throw myself in to and I think this forum will give me what I need.

Hi Jess, and a big welcome to the board. Sorry to hear of your problems, but several of us on here can relate to similar things, (me included ) so you are in good company. Its a very suppportive forum, and if you get involved you will need to buy, make, pinch...another bookcase. You will never be lost for ideas of what to read.

I have not read Stephen King, but he is one of the forum's most popular writers. He is on my TBR list.

I look forward to reading your posts.

Take care,

Pp

PS...Oh, good name, by the way. One of my daughters is a 'Jess ' :D.

Hello, and welcome! I also love Stephen King. My favorite of his is The Stand. Which one do you like? I think that books are therapeutic for a lot of people, myself included. This forum is the perfect place for you, I think! I'm glad you decided to join! :D:mrgreen:

Hello and :D to the forum, Jess! If it's new ideas for books to read you're after, you've certainly come to the right place! You might like to join in one of our reading circles (check out the Reading Circle section HERE), and as you're a Stephen King fan, you might like to leave your comments on the two books we've read by him - The Stand and The Shining. We're also currently voting on which book to read in November HERE.

I hope you'll enjoy it here. :D

Hi Jess and welcome.

Hope you enjoy it here - you'll make loads of friends as everyone is so friendly and there will be plenty of inspiration for which books to read.

Happy posting

JudyB

Thank you for making me feel so welcome straight away. I think I'm going to like it here. Here's to hoping my sister moves out soon and I get more bedroom space, so I have somewhere to put my books :D.

Hello, and welcome! I also love Stephen King. My favorite of his is The Stand. Which one do you like? I think that books are therapeutic for a lot of people, myself included. This forum is the perfect place for you, I think! I'm glad you decided to join! :D:mrgreen:

My favourite Stephen King book has to be The Green Mile. I watched the movie first but I wanted to read the book. It was refreshing to see that the movie almost matched the book. Definitely one I can re-read!

Hello and :lol: to the forum, Jess! If it's new ideas for books to read you're after, you've certainly come to the right place! You might like to join in one of our reading circles (check out the Reading Circle section HERE), and as you're a Stephen King fan, you might like to leave your comments on the two books we've read by him - The Stand and The Shining. We're also currently voting on which book to read in November HERE.

I hope you'll enjoy it here. :)

I had a look at the Reading Circle and the November choices all look good. I have to admit that I'm not good at expressing my thoughts on a book, but I'm hoping to do an English Lit course next year so I think this forum will help me with that. :D

Welcome Pierced Musie! I'm not that great at expressing my thoughts on books either, but I keep doing it just the same! So feel free to jump in and tell us whatever you like about what you're reading.