Where Are Your Books Kept?

Adam

Technically Sedge, it is a room where the men go to do their thing. No women or children allowed except by special invitation. They basically drink, play games of some sort and talk about women and silly things, like men do when together.

The snooker room got filled with junk so they started using the living room more and brought DVDs and XBOXs, but I have cleared the snooker room now. They also have the gym, and like I said, OH has his own office. The other two spare rooms are filled with junk/furniture so I have no idea where the new baby is going!

To keep on topic, I have somehow acquired a small pile of books I want to read soon on a shelf behind the tv. I had better not let OH notice!;)

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

piles........so many piles so little time, on the dresser, in the dresser, by the bed in the bed stand, in the second drawer of the built in china cabinet in our apartment, and some on the tabel in the kitchen (we never use it)

so many piles.........one book at a time, well three maybe lol

Does anyone else find that books keep popping up in the least expected places? I find books everywhere, especially reference books that I have got down to look something up in, and then I sometimes find that the appropriate shelf is full and will not squeeze on any more books!

Icecream, when I do read non-virtual books, like for a discussion that doesn't have an ebook, I am always losing them and sometimes end up having to buy another. So I come across them under the bed, in the clothes basket, etc.

I converted a basement room with bookshelves that are full. However, when I found out that the Palm can store books and I can carry that with me easily, it solved the problem. It's one thing, like a wallet and a cell phone, that stays with me. Now if Amazon would get off their duff and make some more Kindles, it would be even more simple to get them.

I just "created" some shelving space that will take around 500 paperbacks and save a lot of room elsewhere. We are having an extension built over the garage and this involved changing the orientation of the central corridor and this in turn created a convenient niche in one area, where I had shelving installed. Clever of me! ;)

I keep a pile on my bedside cabinet, some on the lounge coffee table and our academic books are on the shelves in the dining room. I have quite a large cupboard under my stairs where I house the tumble drier and most of my books. Unfortunately it's getting to the point where I'm running out of storage space and am having to box them up and store them in the loft. I hate that I can't look at them, knowing they're up there! My husband despairs when he has to hoist another load up there! ;)

I just "created" some shelving space that will take around 500 paperbacks and save a lot of room elsewhere. We are having an extension built over the garage and this involved changing the orientation of the central corridor and this in turn created a convenient niche in one area, where I had shelving installed. Clever of me! ;)

Inspired, I keep looking at the garage wistfully!

Minbe are alphabetically ordered on shelves (and hidden from oh in the shoe basket in my cupboard, and in my office at work)

I've recently gotten a little sick with some of my books. Not the old ones, the truly beautiful ones, but the paperbacks, especially the once you only read once and then never really bother again unless you're really bored. I'd really rather get rid of them... Besides, given that I'll most likely have to move next summer (again!) I'm really not too keen over having to pack and move all of them.

• 3 weeks later...

Right now my books are on a small bookshelf (which is overflowing) in my bedroom. However, I'll be moving in a couple of weeks and I have a spare room in my new apartment that I'll be using as a library/office. I can't wait! :D

First of all welcome Bookworm!!!!! This is a really fun place tpo talk about books, books and more books!!!!!!!.......now to answer your question my books are in my headboard to my bed and I have others on windowshelves and in my locker at work....I also have a bunch in my shed that I need to go through to see which I really will read and which I'll need to give away because I don't have the room for all of them

HA! Two New Yorkers on the forum now! Welcome, Bookworm!

My books are still overflowing around my living room and bedroom. They're slowly taking over! The fact that I have a bookcase is funny...it's completely stuffed and it's so obvious that I need like 12 of them!:D

Most of my books are all packed up now. Our coffee table chest arrived, and it is now filled with my books. :lol: I got about 5 boxes worth of books in there, so we are plenty impressed! :lol:

Hi Angerball!

Let us know what you think of Marley & Me. I started a thread on it under 'Book Reviews'. It will be interesting to see what you think.

Kirstykat