Newbie Arrival

Susanne

Hello everybody :sign0144:Just stumbled across this site and as this looks like a very friendly place I thought I would get comfy here if nobody minds. I guess just like everybody else on here I love reading, no make that I am passionate and addicted to reading :). Try to read as much as possible, although with three kids I don't get nearly enough time as I would like.

I read just about everything, a little bit of this and a little bit of that really. I can't say I have one favourite genre, although if pushed I have to admit that crime/mystery/fantasy/horror are probably top of my list whilst sci-fi usually finds itself on the bottom.

I do go to the local library reading group and although the average age is around 70 :D we do tend to have a good laugh. It never seizes to amaze me how differently people rate books but it forms a great basis for lively discussions. But one book in one months is just not enough so I was looking for somewhere to share my passion of books. Hopefully, being part of this forum, will help to somewhat diversify my reading even more. You know what I mean, pick up a book that has been recommended that I maybe wouldn't pick up otherwise.

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know you all!!

Susanne :(

Hello and :) to the forum! I think you're going to fit in here nicely! This is a great place to find some good recommendations, and I think all of us have found ourselves intrigued by an author or two we've never heard of! Enjoy yourself! :(

Hello and :) to the forum, Susanne! Get yourself all settled in and take a look around. As you're already a fan of reading groups, you might like to join in our reading circles - we have a new one each month and a bunch of us are also embarking on a joint read of The Stand by Stephen King too, so as a horror fan you might like to join in on that one, whether or not you've already read it! :D

hope you'll enjoy it here. :(

Hi Susanne and a big :( to here!

You know what I mean, pick up a book that has been recommended that I maybe wouldn't pick up otherwise.

This is what happened to me, and to a lot of members here really, so I guess you'll hit your target! Have you made some more space on your bookshelves yet? :)

M

Hi Susanne

You'll find loads of inspiration on here. I don't wish to worry you but we are buying more bookcases to accommodate the increase in reading of all the recommended books on here! :(

Hope you enjoy it here.

JudyB

PS I've lots of happy memories of visiting Morecambe as a child - used to go to Bare as well and Happy Mount Park.

Thanks everyone for your lovely welcome :(. More bookshelves??? Help, I will need a bigger house (either that or sell one of the children - or hubby, but he won't fetch much- on ebay. I used to buy most of the books but when the children came along I couldn't really justify the expense anymore. I still buy the odd one but not very often. Thank god for libraries, although nothing can beat a brand new book, especially a hardback. Right, better be off to explore the forum - it looks like there is a lot going on here :) Thanks again everybody

Susanne x