Rest in Peace

Kylie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Madeleine said:

Surprised that no one has mentioned Sinead O'Connor's passing, very sad. I didn't know she sang the latest version of the Outlander theme until they mentioned it on the news.

I found her a PITA. She seemed rather an unhappy woman. She always seemed always to be doing different things to be happy, but none of them worked.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/30/2023 at 3:01 AM, muggle not said:

Tom Smothers - 86

https://apnews.com/article/tom-smothers-dies-smothers-brothers-3e1727faf1b6469da7b2cfc7b2874c56

The Smothers Brothers show was my 2nd favorite show after Northern Exposure. The Smothers Brothers were pioneers in a good way iforTV.

I haven't heard of him, Muggle, but if his show was your second favourite to Northern Exposure, it must have been right up there. Loved Northern Exposure, one of a kind.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2024 at 3:48 AM, poppy said:

I haven't heard of him, Muggle, but if his show was your second favourite to Northern Exposure, it must have been right up there. Loved Northern Exposure, one of a kind.

Tom and his brother Dick were also one of a kind. Truly great TV show. They frequently had John Hartford and Glen Campbell on the show as guests.

John Hartford - Wikipedia (worth reading, if you have the time)

A few of John Hartford’s accomplishments:

John Hartford wrote “Gentle On My Mind” which was recorded by Glen Cambell:

"Gentle on My Mind",  won three Grammy Awards and was listed

in "BMI's Top 100 Songs of the Century".[2][3

John Hartford also recorded 2 songs for the movie O’ Brother Where Art Thou.

You may agree or disagree with this list but there are some “great” songs on it, scroll down to see the list after accessing the site:

https://www.bmi.com/news/entry/19991214_bmi_announces_top_100_songs_of_the_century

Tom Smothers - Wikipedia

The Smother’s Brother’s  political stances led to their show's demise,[8] with David Steinberg later claiming "The most innovative variety show on television shut down because of political pressure."[9

Edited by muggle not

22 hours ago, muggle not said:

John Hartford - Wikipedia (worth reading, if you have the time)

A few of John Hartford’s accomplishments:

John Hartford wrote “Gentle On My Mind” which was recorded by Glen Cambell:

"Gentle on My Mind",  won three Grammy Awards and was listed

in "BMI's Top 100 Songs of the Century".[2][3

John Hartford also recorded 2 songs for the movie O’ Brother Where Art Thou.

You may agree or disagree with this list but there are some “great” songs on it, scroll down to see the list after accessing the site:

https://www.bmi.com/news/entry/19991214_bmi_announces_top_100_songs_of_the_century

Tom Smothers - Wikipedia

The Smother’s Brother’s  political stances led to their show's demise,[8] with David Steinberg later claiming "The most innovative variety show on television shut down because of political pressure."[9

Some really great songs on that list and many of my favourites.  I'm surprised there's nothing there of Burt Bacharach's and Dionne Warwick's, though.

Gentle on My Mind is a lovely song.

Tom Smothers must have been ahead of his time politically, sounds like he stood for important issues. Very different from his brother.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Madeleine said:

David Soul- best known as Hutch in the original Starsky and Hutch series - a part of my early teens!

I'm that much older than you, my early 20's for me!

• Like 1

Did you ever try to do that rolling across the front of the car?  Maybe not as you were older and more sensible..... you can't really do that now as most newer cars slope downwards too much at the front😀

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...