What Are You Watching Now? - 2015

Athena

Over the weekend I rewatched the first season of Buffy. Kinda appropriate time of year for it, I guess! It popped up on Netflix so I said I'd give it a go. Also keeping up with new episodes weekly of Supernatural, Doctor Who, and How To Get Away With Murder.

Anyone else watching How To Get Away With Murder? Phenomenal show, which I'm sure I've said before in this thread, but I seriously can't emphasize that enough.

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't watched the new episodes of Supernatural yet, but I will soon! I watched the latest ep of How To Get Away with Murder yesterday, Noll. So glad to find another fan. :)

I just watched the latest episode of The Walking Dead. I don't use Internet slang very much, but O.M.G. :o I thought the first episode of the new season was a cracker, but the second episode...! :o I love to watch Talking Dead immediately afterwards, which has cast/crew and famous fans sitting around talking about the show. It's great because I always feel like I need a 'debrief' afterwards. Glad I wasn't the only one shouting at my TV in shock tonight.

Can't remember if I've mentioned this here, but I recently discovered The Last Man on Earth. It's a brilliant little post-apocalyptic comedy. Does anyone else watch it?

Over the weekend I rewatched the first season of Buffy. Kinda appropriate time of year for it, I guess! It popped up on Netflix so I said I'd give it a go. 

How did you find Buffy, Noll?  I've only seen the first couple of seasons but quite enjoyed it.  I'm a big fan of Angel as well as Spike  :wub: 

I also really liked HTGAWM but for some reason only managed about the first half of the first season.  I really need to catch up!  Viola Davis is such a tremendous actress.

They advertise Last Man on Earth a lot, Kylie, but I've never watched it.  The title sort of confuses me since if he's supposed to be the last man on earth, why do I see other people in the commercials for it??  :blush2: 

I haven't watched the new episodes of Supernatural yet, but I will soon! I watched the latest ep of How To Get Away with Murder yesterday, Noll. So glad to find another fan. :)

The new eps of Supernatural are pretty good so far, promising, but so have been the starts of previous seasons. HTGAwM is not airing fast enough, I need to know what happens!!

How did you find Buffy, Noll?  I've only seen the first couple of seasons but quite enjoyed it.  I'm a big fan of Angel as well as Spike  :wub: 

I also really liked HTGAWM but for some reason only managed about the first half of the first season.  I really need to catch up!  Viola Davis is such a tremendous actress.

I've seen Buffy before, when I was a teenager my whole life was Buffy and Angel. The first three seasons are worth watching, after that (when Angel leaves to start his own show), I don't think it's as good. Some good episodes, like the musical one. But nah. I watch to season 3 and then go to L.A. with Angel :lol:

It took me a few minutes to realise who it was too!  Very odd seeing him look that old!

TBH, I was a bit worried about the stars it has in it but it works same as always.  Having a problem with one actor though.  Every time I see him I think Ron Swanson! <pointy fingers>    :giggle2:   But hopefully he's a good enough actor for me to get over that.

One really good thing about it is how it looks.  I was 14 years old in 79 and it looks right for the period.

I just watched the latest episode of The Walking Dead. I don't use Internet slang very much, but O.M.G. :o I thought the first episode of the new season was a cracker, but the second episode...! :o I love to watch Talking Dead immediately afterwards, which has cast/crew and famous fans sitting around talking about the show. It's great because I always feel like I need a 'debrief' afterwards. Glad I wasn't the only one shouting at my TV in shock tonight.

'Twas rather good  :smile:   Can't say I shouted at the tv but . . . 

I was convinced Morgan was walking into the house where the armoury was and the woman in there was going to shoot him when he opened the door :lol:  

I've seen Buffy before, when I was a teenager my whole life was Buffy and Angel. The first three seasons are worth watching, after that (when Angel leaves to start his own show), I don't think it's as good. Some good episodes, like the musical one. But nah. I watch to season 3 and then go to L.A. with Angel :lol:

Agree, the first three seasons are head and shoulders above the rest of it (although season 4's 'Hush' is my favourite episode . . . ).  I never liked Angel so much, though, just didn't care about the supporting characters.

'Twas rather good  :smile:   Can't say I shouted at the tv but . . . 

I was convinced Morgan was walking into the house where the armoury was and the woman in there was going to shoot him when he opened the door :lol:  

The Walking Dead spoilers:

Yes, that's what I thought too! :) But then I remembered how long we've waited for him to reappear on the show, and I knew they wouldn't kill him off so quickly (although black people and people with a conscience don't seem to last long on TWD. This doesn't bode well for Morgan!)

As far as I know, that woman's still in there with her gun pointed at the door.  :giggle:

The bit I shouted at was what happened when Carol was watching that woman smoking outside her place. I couldn't have been more surprised at the twist that took! And the timeline confused me a bit. I kept thinking 'where's Rick, for goodness' sake?!' before I finally realised the events were happening at the same time as Rick & co were taking the walkers for a...walk.

Just watched the newest episode of The Big Bang Theory. Solid episode.

The Walking Dead spoilers:

As far as I know, that woman's still in there with her gun pointed at the door.  :giggle:

:lol:  Be funny if they leave her there and use that as a gag at the mid-season break  :giggle2:   Although . . . 

I'm guessing the herd will arrive next week, so I'm thinking they're not going to be staying in Alexandria much longer  :unsure: 

Agree, the first three seasons are head and shoulders above the rest of it (although season 4's 'Hush' is my favourite episode . . . ).  I never liked Angel so much, though, just didn't care about the supporting characters.

'Hush' is a fantastic episode - the show definitely has its moments in the remaining seasons, but yeah - I dislike Dawn, Tara, Anya, Jonathan/Warren/Andrew, Glory/Ben etc. I also despised Riley. 

I love Angel!! Love Doyle and Lorne (both actors sadly dead now), and Cordelia undergoes the most well-developed and credible character development in the entire two shows - arguably one of the best I've ever seen.

We're about three weeks in to the 2015 series of MasterChef Australia.  I'm so pleased they've gone back to the original format for the last couple of series, it's so good.  Only a few of people in the top 24 I wasn't keen on, but they've nearly all gone already, and I just love watching how they all improve as they learn so much from the judges and chefs they work with. :smile2:

:lol:  Be funny if they leave her there and use that as a gag at the mid-season break  :giggle2:   Although . . . 

I'm guessing the herd will arrive next week, so I'm thinking they're not going to be staying in Alexandria much longer  :unsure: 

Yeah, I suppose they can't have them getting comfortable for too long! :D

Caught a couple of episodes of Asian Provocateur. It's a documentary series about a Sri Lankan guy who is born in UK and is totally English..he is sent back to Sri Lanka by his mum to rediscover his roots. He stays with his various Aunties and Uncles who are characters in themselves which makes for hilarious situations. Forget Karl Pilkington, this is really very funny. 

Edited by vodkafan

Sleepy Hollow  :giggle2:

Castle finale  :smile:

The Time of our Lives  :smile: - Australian thirtysomething.

I enjoyed Sleepy Hollow, like Ichabod's new haircut ;)  not sure about Abby's though.  Thought Castle ended well, no cliffhanger so I wondered if they weren't sure if they would get another series when they filmed it?