The last film you saw - 2014

Michelle

:D  "No Mr. Bond, I want you to die."  

We watched a peculiar little film called 12 Monkeys the other night.  A young Bruce Willis, and a very young Brad Pitt.  So well acted.  Pitt makes a great "crazy". :D

That is one of my favorite movies!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We watched a peculiar little film called 12 Monkeys the other night.  A young Bruce Willis, and a very young Brad Pitt.  So well acted.  Pitt makes a great "crazy". :D

4q1zrr.png

:lol: I really liked that quote!

We've got 12 Monkeys on DVD, I haven't yet seen it, my boyfriend liked it though. I'm glad you liked it :).

4q1zrr.png

12 monkeys is an incredible time travel film.  

Nebraska. Shot in black and white it is a beautifully sculpted film; with the characters presenting a kaleidoscopic vibrancy against the starkness of the landscape, and indeed, Bruce Dern gives an Oscar-worthy performance as the alcoholic and cantankerous, Woody Grant.

Nebraska. Shot in black and white it is a beautifully sculpted film; with the characters presenting a kaleidoscopic vibrancy against the starkness of the landscape, and indeed, Bruce Dern gives an Oscar-worthy performance as the alcoholic and cantankerous, Woody Grant.

I really want to see this.  I like Will Forte from Saturday Night Live, although, once they leave the show, they rarely have careers.  I've heard Bruce Dern was awesome in it though.

I really want to see this.  I like Will Forte from Saturday Night Live, although, once they leave the show, they rarely have careers.  I've heard Bruce Dern was awesome in it though.

You'll not be disappointed with Will Forte's performance, Anna Begins, and your time will not be wasted with a viewing of Nebraska. :smile:

Sunshine and Dances With Wooluffs with good old Kevin Costner. I had forgotten what a great uplifting film that was. The version I watched had loads of extra scenes in it I hadn't seen before that balanced the Sioux Indians out and didn't make them so boringly goody goody- for instance they killed some white hunters who had killed some buffalo and the whole village were dancing around the bodies celebrating. That got cut out of the cinema version. 

How's New York treatin' ya?

Im really enjoying it, still got 300 pages to go & im only on the beginning of the 1900s, i was that interested in it i even watched a documentary about the history of New York. I'd love to visit America, it would be my 1st choice if i could go anywhere in the world!!

Im really enjoying it, still got 300 pages to go & im only on the beginning of the 1900s, i was that interested in it i even watched a documentary about the history of New York. I'd love to visit America, it would be my 1st choice if i could go anywhere in the world!!

Really?  That is so cool about waning to come here!  NY is amazing- Alexi, Athena and I have just been talking about NY in Alexi's thread, about her upcoming trip to NY. 

It's hard to travel here because everything is so far away and there is virtually NO public transportation for US travel.  My mom and I were lucky to drive the perimeter of the US and it took us 52 days to see 36 states!

The book sounds epic.  I just read the description to his book on Paris as well as Russka the other day.  If you like NY, I might give it a go.  I know major parts of NY history, but probably not 900 pages worth!

Really?  That is so cool about waning to come here!  NY is amazing- Alexi, Athena and I have just been talking about NY in Alexi's thread, about her upcoming trip to NY. 

It's hard to travel here because everything is so far away and there is virtually NO public transportation for US travel.  My mom and I were lucky to drive the perimeter of the US and it took us 52 days to see 36 states!

The book sounds epic.  I just read the description to his book on Paris as well as Russka the other day.  If you like NY, I might give it a go.  I know major parts of NY history, but probably not 900 pages worth!

That drive round the US sounds cool!! Have you been to Maine? I would love to go there being a massive Stephen King fan. Although i would be on the lookout for killer clowns & killer dogs and the rest!!

That drive round the US sounds cool!! Have you been to Maine? I would love to go there being a massive Stephen King fan. Although i would be on the lookout for killer clowns & killer dogs and the rest!!

:P

Unfortunately, no.  We went from Manhattan to Boston, then across upstate NY (like through Albany), which was GORGEOUS!  Then on to Buffalo, NY to see Niagara Falls.  Bangor was on the schedule, until we realized just HOW far it really was.  It would have taken at least a week to get from Albany to Bangor and back with maybe a day or two to travel/ sightsee/ stay there.  We left April 1st and didn't want to be gone into June.  But it was hard to not go.

We did stay on Broadway in Manhattan though, on the 20- something floor of The Millennium, and watched some window washers one morning on the building next to us.  They were on that scary bridge/ scaffolding thing and everything.  Even took a smoke break up there.  :D  It was so stereotypical, it was funny.  But frightening to watch! 

We lost our camera in Oregon.  :censored:

Edited by Anna Begins

I started reading New York last night. It's gonna take a while!