The last film you saw - 2014

Michelle

I started reading New York last night. It's gonna take a while!

Yeah it does take a while, feels like ive been reading it for ages but i dont mind as im enjoying it.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:P

Unfortunately, no.  We went from Manhattan to Boston, then across upstate NY (like through Albany), which was GORGEOUS!  Then on to Buffalo, NY to see Niagara Falls.  Bangor was on the schedule, until we realized just HOW far it really was.  It would have taken at least a week to get from Albany to Bangor and back with maybe a day or two to travel/ sightsee/ stay there.  We left April 1st and didn't want to be gone into June.  But it was hard to not go.

We did stay on Broadway in Manhattan though, on the 20- something floor of The Millennium, and watched some window washers one morning on the building next to us.  They were on that scary bridge/ scaffolding thing and everything.  Even took a smoke break up there.  :D  It was so stereotypical, it was funny.  But frightening to watch! 

We lost our camera in Oregon.  :censored:

I'm jealous haha, im glad you had fun except for the losing the camera part. What part of America is your favourite??

I'm jealous haha, im glad you had fun except for the losing the camera part. What part of America is your favourite??

Montana was beautiful, with tons of dark green rolling hills, interlaced with little streams and brooks with pastured horses.  Took us 3 days it was so huge.  But mostly, South Carolina's coast, blue waters and white beaches, uncrowded shores.  I could totally live in Charleston (SC), right on the harbor to the Atlantic.  Quite a long ways from CA. :smile:  

On the screen today:

25081633-eefc-4a1c-b8b2-f05b88d33f6f.jpg

Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars

I really liked Dispicable Me. I'm glad you did too, Emelee!

Got Despicable me 2 today, as I really liked the first. :)

Today I watched 2 movies

big.jpg l_74857_d8be3406.jpg

Both really good. Inglorious Basterds gets 7/10. Mannen på taket also 7/10. 

Mannen på taket (The man on the roof) is the movie version of the book The Abominable Man by Sjöwall/Wahlöö.

Edited by emelee

He is really funny isnt he. Iliked him in Dusk Till Dawn too

I like Dusk till Dawn too- my brother has a massive crush on Selma Hayek.  Have you seen Once Upon a Time in Mexico?

I must say that scene where shes singing with the snake around her neck is quite intriguing haha. I think i seen Once Upon A Time In Mexico ages ago, i might have to watch it again

Today I found time to watch (re-watch) Snow Cake. Both Alan Rickman and Sigourney Weaver give their finest performances to date in this moving film of unconditional acceptance and redemption. Beautiful.

I haven't seen Snow Cake but I really like Alan Rickman's acting. I've just read the synopsis of the film and it sounds like something I'd really enjoy :).

I haven't seen Snow Cake but I really like Alan Rickman's acting. I've just read the synopsis of the film and it sounds like something I'd really enjoy :).

It really is a film worthy of your time. The acting is brilliant and the premise is heartwarming and encouraging. I'm a huge Alan Rickman fan (He could read my the phone book and I would remain enthralled), and I have found his lesser known roles are actually his best.

If I can take a break from the wonderful book I am engaged in, tomorrow I might rent a movie on my Kindle.  Not sure what yet, I'm deciding between Nebraska, Dallas Buyers Club, Winter's Bone or 12 Years a Slave (which I just finished reading).  Any input?

Edited by Anna Begins