• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seen a few last few days:

Apocalypto (again)

Gravity (again)

Catching Fire.   I felt this last dragged on interminably and was without any freshness or vitality. Jennifer Lawrence just looked miserable and moody the whole time and Peter was even more pointedly useless than he appeared in the first film, he had to be saved loads of times and started to look quite ineffectual when compared to the physically taller and tough girls like Katniss and Joanna. 

I went to see The Grand Budapest Hotel today. I was also the only person in the cinema so it felt like I had my own private screening which was nice. :P

It was a weird film to say the least. I didn't find many parts funny, as it seems to be advertised, but it wasn't a bad film either. Not one I'd watch again, and I guess it's a breath of fresh air from the constant action/rom-com films etc.

I've just watched starred up and it was okay, There were some good performances. It was only about 90 mins. It didn't help with the overlong ads in the start.

We watched The World's End. I'm sure I missed some of the jokes and references (since I'm not British) but I really enjoyed the film :).

I really should watch that, but it really doesn't interest me at all and I'm not entirely sure why (although I suspect its because the Pegg, Frost and Wright combo seem a bit dated these days).

(although I suspect its because the Pegg, Frost and Wright combo seem a bit dated these days).

Blasphemy!

I watched the Veronica Mars movie last night. Quite good, I thought!

Blasphemy!

Don't get me wrong, individually they have moved on, but Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz and (by the looks of it) The Worlds End all seem to be the same film set in different genres.  If all three had come out ten years ago it might have been different but I think there was too much of a gap between the last two and it just doesn't interest me.

^ Any good? I'm planning hoping to go and see it next week.

I enjoyed CA:- The Winter Soldier, I thought Robert Redford was excellent. It's a popcorn movie, so plenty of daft action.

Jenny Agutter Kicks Ass

I enjoyed it more than Thor 2.

I saw mark kermode's review and thought it was pretty fair.

The Cookie at the end was

Loki's Staff

Edited by dex

What did you think to it itsmeagain?

Hi vodkafan. I was not too impressed all told, it's just a case of the humour didn't quite wash with me and I found it quite disappointing. My wife rather liked it giving it eight out of ten, I'd give it a five. Edited by itsmeagain