• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah of course .. I forgot that the book was set here :doh: 

Alrighty ... not too tough I think ..

And yet I have had the weakness, and have still the weakness, to wish you to know with what a sudden mastery you kindled me, heap of ashes that I am, into fire.   

What! I was next going to say Wuthering Heights :D I was almost tempted to say Persuasion, too, but it's not craziness in it that happens, or scariness... This was a twist I did not expect! :D

I can see how, from my description, it could've been Wuthering Heights .. only it's not :D

Thomas Hardy?

I will give you another .. fairly obvious quote .. which should point you in the right direction ..

If it had been possible, **** *******, that you could have returned the love of the man you see before you- self-flung away, wasted, drunken, poor creature of misuse as you know him to be- he would have been conscious this day and hour, in spite of his happiness, that he would bring you to misery, bring you to sorrow and repentance, blight you, disgrace you, pull you down with him. I know very well that you can have no tenderness for me; I ask for none; I am even thankful that it cannot be. :cry2: 

Think hes the only male classic author I know.. Except Shakespeare.. Is he classics, or just ancient?! :D

Not Shakespeare but, excluding Shakespeare, he is the male daddy of them all as far as writing classics is concerned :D and you definitely know him chalie :)

It has to be A Tale of Two Cities!!! :)

Edit: And because I didn't know it from the first quote, I will try and redeem myself by saying that I knew it from the second quote, even before I'd seen chesilbeach's post above ^ :)

Edited by frankie