Which book is this?

It's not Thomas Hardy, no.   :)

I haven't read Wild Sheep Chase - is that by Murakami?  I've read one of his - it was a bit... off the wall!

I hope I'm not leading you guys on a Wild Sheep Chase - this isn't a book about sheep... or Shepherds! :giggle:  The quote is more of a metaphor...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No, not Orwell - although given my love for him that was a distinct possibility.  :)

Not as old as Orwell.   A vague clue... I bought this one new and when I opened it, an Ottakar's Book Shop bookmark fell out of it, which should narrow down (a little) the time-scale of publication (maybe with the help of Wikipedia)! 

The only book I´ve read with sheep in it is ˝Wild Sheep Chase˝ and  that doesn´t sound like it either. Do you know the name of that detective story? It sounds interesting. I want to read it. :D

The book is called Three Bags Full, we have a thread on it over here :) I own a copy but haven't read it yet, but I hear it's supposed to be good, and different! :)

I hope I'm not leading you guys on a Wild Sheep Chase - this isn't a book about sheep... or Shepherds! :giggle:  The quote is more of a metaphor...

I knew it probably wasn't about just the sheep, but at that point the only books that came to mind were sheep books :D And it's fun to guess even though you know you're probably all wrong :D

I'm enjoying not googling the answer immediately and trying to guess! :D

I know, that's part of the fun :D

Thanks, Frankie! :D

Is it a female author?

You're welcome! And I almost thought you asked if Leonie Swann was a female author, and was about to answer, then realised you probably meant the author of the book Janet's quoting :doh:  :D

Umm, is it a British author?

Yes.  :)

Is it a female author?

Yes again!  :)

So it's a more contemporary book than we were thinking? hmmmm *thinks hard* .. ouch! :D 

Sure is.  :)

Another quote...

Still more of this interminable rain. It falls like a piece of the sky upended to pour misery onto the aquarium life below. The children, bright plastic ducks in their waterproofs and boots, squawk and waddle across the square, their cries ricocheting off the low clouds. I work in the kitchen with half an eye on the children in the street.”

You're welcome! And I almost thought you asked if Leonie Swann was a female author, and was about to answer, then realised you probably meant the author of the book Janet's quoting :doh:  :D

Hahaha, yes, I asked about Janet´s quotation. It didn´t help though, still have no idea.