The last film you saw - 2013

Lilywhite

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday Night Lights, meh, typical American underdog story (Even though they are not quite the Underdogs it still felt like that type of film, making it even more pointless)

What does the series have that the film doesn't?

Haven't seen the movie, but the tv show had loads of great characters and an involving view of small town America, and I'd imagine that it explored issues that the film either went nowhere near or didn't have time to fully develop.  The football aspect of the tv show was just a backdrop, almost a metaphor, really. 

Haven't seen the movie, but the tv show had loads of great characters and an involving view of small town America, and I'd imagine that it explored issues that the film either went nowhere near or didn't have time to fully develop.  The football aspect of the tv show was just a backdrop, almost a metaphor, really. 

Ah OK, might check it out then :)

Nice of Naomi Watts to walk out on the Simon Mayo interview this afternoon.  Parky and Meg Ryan all over again :rolleyes:

I should think anybody involved with that Diana film is embarrassed and needs a smack. Anyway it will have to be rewritten now to have SAS snipers shooting at her.

Nice of Naomi Watts to walk out on the Simon Mayo interview this afternoon.  Parky and Meg Ryan all over again :rolleyes:

That film just sounds creepy .. and I read an interview where Naomi said the spirit of Diana had spoken to her and given her blessing :o has she lost the plot? Really unprofessional of her to walk out on an interview .. she must have known she would be asked some awkward questions .. the film sounds like a pile of :censored:  

Yesterday we saw Jurassic Park: The Lost World. We had watched the first 50 mins a while ago, but I got too tired to see more of it. It was good, though I prefer the first one. We haven't yet seen the third one, we might do that soon. I have the book The Lost World so might read it in a bit.

We went across the lake today, to a theatre, Canal Place, and saw the most fantabulous documentary, Salinger.  Natch about J.D. Salinger.  If you have a chance to catch it, please, please go!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2013/09/05/salinger-review/2711733/  Fascinating man, and author.

Last film I saw at the cinema the last Bond movie 'Skyfall'. I really enjoyed it [even though I always find Judy Dench annoying.]Last film I watched as dvd [last week] Moon, which was utterly brilliant [even husband like it it and he always goes to sleep halfway through films.]I may watch it agin this week, as I like to pick up on things a second time round.

Last film I saw at the cinema the last Bond movie 'Skyfall'. I really enjoyed it [even though I always find Judy Dench annoying.]Last film I watched as dvd [last week] Moon, which was utterly brilliant [even husband like it it and he always goes to sleep halfway through films.]I may watch it agin this week, as I like to pick up on things a second time round.

Moon is awesome.  Didn't like Skyfall.

I want to watch this movie, even though I dislike the male lead actor. A great book it was, so now I can watch the movie :D

I really enjoyed the movie, but then I also like the main actor too. :)

We went across the lake today, to a theatre, Canal Place, and saw the most fantabulous documentary, Salinger.  Natch about J.D. Salinger.  If you have a chance to catch it, please, please go!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2013/09/05/salinger-review/2711733/  Fascinating man, and author.

I want to see this so badly! It's only on at the little indy theatres here (which are in Sydney), and I'll be in town on Tuesday with time to kill, so maybe I'll check it out.