Your Book Activity Jan 2013

Michelle

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Completed The Upstairs Room - and started with White Fang by Jack London

Let me know what you think of White Fang, I loved it but don't know anyone else who has read it!

I just started on Hotel Pastis by Peter Mayle, really enjoying it so far.

At the moment I'm quickly re-reading The Importance Of Being Earnest out of celebration of going to see it on stage for the first time in a couple of weeks!

Did you find someone to go with? I hope you enjoy it (well, I know you'll enjoy it, but you know what I mean!). :)

Good luck with that, I've heard great stories regarding their replacing kindles.

Apparently not. E-mail response was identical to the phone response.

Does anyone know if I can put kindle files on another e-reader e.g. a Kobo? I don't think I want to get another kindle if I'm just going to have the same problems in another 13 months

Edited by Lucybird

Did you find someone to go with? I hope you enjoy it (well, I know you'll enjoy it, but you know what I mean!). :)

Yes! One of the women I work with, she's awesome and lovely and also a bookworm and fan of many things that I'm a fan of. She's gonna come with me. SO excited!

Apparently not. E-mail response was identical to the phone response.

Does anyone know if I can put kindle files on another e-reader e.g. a Kobo? I don't think I want to get another kindle if I'm just going to have the same problems in another 13 months

Ouch! So sorry to hear that Lucy...The only thing I know of is if you have the kindle ap on your computer, you can read them there. I wonder though if once on your computer you could transfer to a nook or kobo. I just don't know. Drat. :banghead:

Yes! One of the women I work with, she's awesome and lovely and also a bookworm and fan of many things that I'm a fan of. She's gonna come with me. SO excited!

Sounds fantastic! :grinhat:

Ah good - I'm glad you found someone to go with - I've been to the theatre on my own before, and it's fine, but it's always nice to have some company. :)

I finally finished Clan of the Cave Bear. I've had this recommended to me so many times, but the caveman aspect put me off. It shouldn't have. It's a brilliant book, really well-written and a great read. I quickly forgot they were cavemen and they seemed like ordinary people. Definitely a 5/5. It only took me so long because I had to take it back to the library before I'd finished it, then wait until I got to the top of the queue again.

I really like that book! I've read it in Dutch back when I was a teenager. I plan to buy the English version so I can read the original version of it. I love the story. To me the cavemen aspect is one of the things that makes it so interesting, but to each their own of course.

Let me know what you think of White Fang, I loved it but don't know anyone else who has read it!

I wasn't too sure I'd like it Kate, but one-third in - I'm really enjoying it, :)

Lucy, do read through this thread (3 pages)-

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91392

And this seems like something that would work too-

http://www.epubor.com/

*I haven't tried any of these - I don't have an e-reader - so please read carefully and try it out only if you're convinced* :)

Don't let it get to your head :P

I finished The Beach, it was really great, I'm so happy I read it! :)

I can't guarantee that but I am glad you enjoyed it.

Made a start on The Beach but not likely to get much reading done today as all the children are home from school because of the snow :coolsnow:

Yayy, another one. :readingtwo:

Finished Against My Will which was so-so, lots going on but too fast.

And in the ongoing kindle saga I have written a post on kindle UK's facebook page, maybe if other people can see it they will take notice? Worth a try, right?

Lucy, do read through this thread (3 pages)-

http://www.mobilerea...ead.php?t=91392

And this seems like something that would work too-

http://www.epubor.com/

*I haven't tried any of these - I don't have an e-reader - so please read carefully and try it out only if you're convinced* :)

Thanks, will have a look.