Your Book Activity Jan 2013

Michelle

I've read a hundred pages of Miranda Hart's Is It Just Me? today as I've been in bed with flu. It really did cheer me up! :D Yesterday I bought the book of David Attenborough's Africa series from Tesco for £9 (instead of the RRP £25) so I shall be reading that soon! :)

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday I downloaded some books onto my Kobo. I got The Farm by Emily McKay, The Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson and The First Law Trilogy by Joe Abercrombie. Of course, I won't be properly starting these until I've finished A Memory of Light. But may dip into them as I take my Kobo to school to read there as my book is too big for my bag. Currently reading a free ebook on there.

I'm struggling my way through Heart of Darkness, I think it's safe to say that it's not my thing. It's so short that it would be a waste not to finish it, hopefully I'll have it cracked by tomorrow.

I also downloaded another book - Dangerous Liaisons for the March Reading Circle. :)

I also did this, and while I was on amazon Winter in Madrid by C J Sansom also fell onto my kindle...

I have only read 3 chapters of Les Mis this week because it's really starting to frustrate me. Just get on with the story already!

I've read a couple of my series books and have started on a reread of Men at Arms by Terry Pratchett.

Finished Deep Powder on Friday- thank God that's over! Review is on my thread and my blog.

Read Diary of a Jetsetting Callgirl over the weekend, finished it today.

Thinking I will start The Specimen next.

Finished The Fort by Bernard Cornwell, unlike his usual style of following one person or a group from the one side of the regular army, here he follows the generals, majors and colonels from both sides. This meant he had to be much more historically accurate, which is always good, but did mean the characterisation suffered a little as he couldn't take the same liberties as with his fictional characters in a non-fictional setting. It was refreshing to see a completely unbiased depiction of an important but not very well known siege. I didn't know who was going to win until the very end.

Finally managed to find the name of the book I am reading on my Kobo. It is Out of Time by Monique Martin and is part of a series. I have the first one which I found when browsing the free ebooks section and so far it has actually be quite good. I can feel the emotions of the characters and the description is brilliant for when I imagine it.

I finished Mr Rosenblum's List this afternoon, very charming, thank you Janet for giving me the push to read it! Now to decide what's next, I should really read a tree book off my TBR shelf, but White Fang is howling for me from my kobo!! :)

Finally managed to find the name of the book I am reading on my Kobo. It is Out of Time by Monique Martin and is part of a series. I have the first one which I found when browsing the free ebooks section and so far it has actually be quite good. I can feel the emotions of the characters and the description is brilliant for when I imagine it.

I read that one a little while back. I was a bit disappointed by the end, and I haven't bothered with any more in the series, but I'll be interested to see what you think of it.

I've managed to read a bit more of The Hundred Year Old Man Who Jumped Out Of The Window And Disappeared, so I've only got about 100 pages left to go. :)

I read that one a little while back. I was a bit disappointed by the end, and I haven't bothered with any more in the series, but I'll be interested to see what you think of it.

Ah. I'm only about 70% of the way through according to my Kobo so still a ways to go, but will definitely tell you what I think of the ending.:)

Finished Six Seconds by Rick Mofina. Pretty good overall.

I'm going to tackle a classic next - makes me a bit nervous as I've not got along great with them before. :ontome:

Edited by bobblybear

I've been neglecting my reading the last couple of days - I'm still reading A Day Called Hope by Gareth O'Callaghan, an Irish radio presenter, about his struggle with depression. It's a fantastic, insightful read. Planning to get it finished (80 pages to go) before the 31st so I can add it to my January count :)

I'm about halfway through A Memory of Light now. It's quite good and I'm constantly thinking about the time I will next read it. But sometimes I just want to do other things even if I am thinking about it. Can't wait to see what happens.

Oh I also forgot to add that I ordered Enchanted Places - the first of Christopher Robin Milne's biographies about growing up in the shadow of his father's creation. I've put off reading it for a long time because I was afraid it might ruin Pooh Bear for me to know how much Christopher Robin grew to resent it all, but my curiosity has finally outweighed my wariness :D