Devi's Mount TBR List 2014

Devi

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How lovely that you got your Robin Hobbs signed! I'm a huge fan of hers. Sorry that you couldn't go yourself but awesome that you got the signatures!

I am too, I was so gutted I couldn't go in the end. I was going to make her bookmarks and write a short letter to her to tell her how much her books meant to me. :blush:

Devi- how are you feeling?

:she:I hope you're feeling a bit better? :friends0:

In a bit of a slump at the moment, they call it MS burnout. i have been sleeping 14+ hr days again, and if I manage to do 8hrs, I end up napping at least 3 times during the day. Can't win. Suffering head pains again, but don't want to keep shoving pain killers in me, so some days I just put up with it. I am also on anxiety tablets to have when needed, mine can get really bad, especially at night and if I am alone. My mum and sister are only in the back in a standalone unit, but i still manage to get paranoid. It's a side effect of the needles.

Having issues with my right foot, I am seeing my doctor about it this afternoon.

Otherwise generally okay. :)

Thanks for asking, how are you both?

Sorry to hear about your health, Devi. :( How long does the slump usually last? Or is it not a 'predictable' thing? Regardless, I hope it ends soon and you're back on your feet.  :empathy:

Not a predictable thing.

Ouch. :(   I'm sorry you're going through this low period, and hope it's as brief as possible.  :empathy:

Thanks lovely ladies. I hope it goes fast too.

Some of my thoughts so far on the The Maze Runner series by James Dashner.

The Maze Runner

Great book, I think it could stand alone on its own. Now that I know why there were grievers in the maze, it made more sense.

The Scorch Trials

Awesome book, probably even better than the first one. I loved the atmosphere of this book, the first and second book is all you really need in my opinion.

The Death Cure

This book, feels like it isn't up to scratch like the other two. I'm not so keen on finishing it at this stage. I am going to try though as I am already halfway through.

Edited by Devi

The Death Cure

This book, feels like it isn't up to scratch like the other two. I'm not so keen on finishing it at this stage. I am going to try though as I am already halfway through.

I felt it forced as well.  I felt just like you did, with wanting to stop.  In fact, I took 2 days off, for a Hunger Gamers marathon in the cinema and for a 140 page piece on Soviet history!  I also saw that you were dipping into the Margaret Atwood Singles, so I fully understand the want/ need to move on.  But like I said in the other thread, it does have a solid ending, not maybe the best I've ever read written, but predictable and satisfying (at least to me and I think, Athena- even though she wanted more answers and went on to the prequel).

The other thing bothering me with The Death Cure - Thomas. He is annoying me now, making silly mistakes.

The other thing bothering me with The Death Cure - Thomas. He is annoying me now, making silly mistakes.

Yup- I hear ya on that.  I can't say more lol Kylie kinda went off about it- ok, I guess I can say, sort of spolierish that

the writing sort of falls apart as the end draws near

In a bit of a slump at the moment, they call it MS burnout. i have been sleeping 14+ hr days again, and if I manage to do 8hrs, I end up napping at least 3 times during the day. Can't win. Suffering head pains again, but don't want to keep shoving pain killers in me, so some days I just put up with it. I am also on anxiety tablets to have when needed, mine can get really bad, especially at night and if I am alone. My mum and sister are only in the back in a standalone unit, but i still manage to get paranoid. It's a side effect of the needles.

Having issues with my right foot, I am seeing my doctor about it this afternoon.

Otherwise generally okay. :)

Thanks for asking, how are you both?

I'm so sorry to hear you're going through this :(:empathy:. I hope you feel better soon, the pain and anxiety sound really difficult to deal with. I admire you and the way you deal with it all :friends0:.

I'm okay, I've made it through a busy week, having appointments with the GGZ (therapist / nurse etc.) on three days (and then yesterday I met up with my sister). I'm quite tired from it all now, but hopefully with some rest I'll feel better next week (next week I have two appointments).

So a bit has happened re: the wedding of my two best friends. I won't go into details but the matron of honours' husband and my two best friends had a bit of falling out, they tried to patch things up between the four of them but sadly she pulled out of the wedding in the end; and it looks like they will no longer be best of friends. A real shame if you ask me.

Well she has asked me to be matron of honour. I am both excited and feel a little awkward, as I feel like I am the second best option. I know it's crazy right!? Sometimes I hate feelings. :giggle2:

Edited by Devi

It's totally understandable to feel like that, but try to look at it this way … when the chips are down, she's called on you as the person she most trusts to step in and help her through what should be one of the best days of her life.  Not second best at all, but the right person to make it better.  Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fantastic.  :friends3:

It's totally understandable to feel like that, but try to look at it this way … when the chips are down, she's called on you as the person she most trusts to step in and help her through what should be one of the best days of her life.  Not second best at all, but the right person to make it better.  Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fantastic.  :friends3:

I was going to say something similar.  Another way of looking at it, I had a Maid of Honor and then and one Bridesmaid, but I had a close friend who I also wanted to take part, we just didn't have much money, nor the groom many friends (sign, now that I see lol).  If my Bridesmaid wouldn't have been able to make it, I would've asked her to do it... not because she was second best, but just because I would want her in my wedding party.  :smile:

I can only echo what Claire, Anna and Gaia have posted.  All of what they've said is very true.  She knew she could trust you to carry on and be there for her when others failed.  So, that's a good thing.  :friends3:  I think in times like this you find out who your true friends are, who you can depend upon.  . 

Well said! This is absolutely true.

Thank you all, especially you Clair. I am feeling a lot better about it now.

She later mentioned to me that she should of just went with her gut, and picked me in the first place.

That's nice :). I hope the wedding goes well! Is it next year somewhere?

December 4th next year.

I've come up with a couple of ideas, some will be bringing kids so I suggested a little goody bag with some pencils, colouring book and stickers. She loved the idea. :)