Devi's Mount TBR List 2014

Devi

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My new reading floor lamp! I was finding my lamp was not providing enough light and I hated getting out of bed to turn the big light off when I was so sleepy from reading.

7c67233097437f326560674622c5ac9a_zpsb382

It's pretty!! I want one too :P (no, really, I need one too, but I haven't yet decided what how and where).I hope the lamp makes it easier for you to read :). P.S. I spy some nice books in the corner of the photo!

Haha yeah, had to get them in too! The purple thing is my kindle.

Ooh, nice! It's definitely good not having to get up to turn off the light when you get sleepy. It's so annoying when you have to get up because it wakes you up more! I have a very similar lamp next to my bed (but mine's black and plasticy; I've had it for years).

I think I just had that Kindle cover- is it a RooCase?  Mine was purple but the Velcro ran out of sticky- ness so now I have a dark blue one :smile: Nice lamp and books!  And picture!  I love how you capture everything in the frame.

I think I just had that Kindle cover- is it a RooCase?  Mine was purple but the Velcro ran out of sticky- ness so now I have a dark blue one :smile: Nice lamp and books!  And picture!  I love how you capture everything in the frame.

Thanks! :)

My case has no Velcro, just sits in with these little elastic holders. I forgot who made it now.

Ooh, nice! It's definitely good not having to get up to turn off the light when you get sleepy. It's so annoying when you have to get up because it wakes you up more! I have a very similar lamp next to my bed (but mine's black and plasticy; I've had it for years).

Exactly! Then you have to find that comfortable spot again too...

I posted this on fb, but thought I would post it here too as its so darn cute. I couldn't find Ruby at first the other night during a thunderstorm...

4411da109da669b95e1a7325e5b984ce_zps9b1c

I dipped into George Orwells Animal Farm tonight, really really tempted to just put aside The Death Cure and go back to reading A Feast for Crows. I also want to go back to Animal Farm. I can see The Death Cure slowely being left behind...

Edited by Devi

Awww, Ruby is so cute!!

If you're not that interested anymore in The Death Cure and would rather read one of the other books, then I think you should do so if that's what you feel like :). There are plenty of books in the world and if you're not liking what you're reading, it might be nicer for yourself to put it aside and read something you think you'll enjoy more.

Gosh sounds like there has been a lot going on for you at the moment. Sorry to hear about your health issues. That must suck :( But great news about being asked to be matron of honour (even in the circumstances) I hope you have a fantastic time when it comes round!

Awww, Ruby is so cute!!If you're not that interested anymore in The Death Cure and would rather read one of the other books, then I think you should do so if that's what you feel like :). There are plenty of books in the world and if you're not liking what you're reading, it might be nicer for yourself to put it aside and read something you think you'll enjoy more.

Ya I think if Death Cure is dragging you down that much, just drop it.  Gaia would be better telling you the end than I, if that's what you want.

Yeah, think I wiill just put it aside. Shame as I did really enjoy the first two books.

There are just a few things I would like to know though:

Do they find the others? Why did they leave Thomas and the other two behind?

What's in the letter given to Thomas - I think I will skip ahead and see if I can find it in the book.

Do they find a cure?

So really in a way i should keep on reading it, I have never felt so conflicted over continuing to read a book or not. Ugh! Only because the first two were so good, i am all invested.

Gaia, spoiler away if you don't mind, and add anything else you think I should know. :) don't worry about the letter so much, I will find it in my copy and read it.

Gosh sounds like there has been a lot going on for you at the moment. Sorry to hear about your health issues. That must suck :( But great news about being asked to be matron of honour (even in the circumstances) I hope you have a fantastic time when it comes round!

Thanks. It's a bit of a bother, and low and behold I have a new health issue! :giggle2: Anyone surprised though honestly?

Yeah I am excited for the wedding, I just hope I can walk down the isle for her and not have to rely on my wheelchair. I was meant to go wedding dress shopping with her and her mum today, but I haven't been feeling so well with this new development. I also felt the first time she goes wedding dress shopping, it should just be a mother daughter kind of thing. Least I would like it to be. Something not only the bride dreams of, but the mother in law too. So I hear.

Oh and we had another storm this morning, started around 5am. Woke up to Ruby crying at our bedroom door. Two flashes a couple of seconds later and I get up to open the door. Never seen her move so fast in my life :giggle2:! Slept under the bed till about 9. Storm had been over since 7 though.

p.s. thanks Kylie for forwarding on that storm! ;):giggle2:

Yeah, think I wiill just put it aside. Shame as I did really enjoy the first two books.

There are just a few things I would like to know though:

Do they find the others? Why did they leave Thomas and the other two behind?

What's in the letter given to Thomas - I think I will skip ahead and see if I can find it in the book.

Do they find a cure?

So really in a way i should keep on reading it, I have never felt so conflicted over continuing to read a book or not. Ugh! Only because the first two were so good, i am all invested.

Gaia, spoiler away if you don't mind, and add anything else you think I should know. :) don't worry about the letter so much, I will find it in my copy and read it.

I was typing a really long message with all your spoilers but then all of a sudden I got "Document Expired" and lost it all :(. Rather than retyping my half an hour work, I'll link you to a page I found through Google that tells you what happens in the book. I hope that's okay? Link to Spoilers for The Death Cure by James Dashner. I'm so sorry, I have no idea why that happened but would've liked to tell you in my own words :(.

I was typing a really long message with all your spoilers but then all of a sudden I got "Document Expired" and lost it all :(. Rather than retyping my half an hour work, I'll link you to a page I found through Google that tells you what happens in the book. I hope that's okay? Link to Spoilers for The Death Cure by James Dashner. I'm so sorry, I have no idea why that happened but would've liked to tell you in my own words :(.

I greatly appreciate the effort you went to Gaia! Thanks.

It's annoying as I have been there before too.

Oh and we had another storm this morning, started around 5am. Woke up to Ruby crying at our bedroom door. Two flashes a couple of seconds later and I get up to open the door. Never seen her move so fast in my life :giggle2:! Slept under the bed till about 9. Storm had been over since 7 though.

p.s. thanks Kylie for forwarding on that storm! ;):giggle2:

*modestly* I do what I can.

:giggle:

Poor Ruby. My cat is generally pretty good in storms but I did find him hiding under the bed this afternoon when we had another storm. Aw, our poor pets. I wish we could communicate with them properly to tell them there's nothing to be scared of. :(

Sorry to hear you're having more health problems.  :empathy:

*modestly* I do what I can.

:giggle:

Poor Ruby. My cat is generally pretty good in storms but I did find him hiding under the bed this afternoon when we had another storm. Aw, our poor pets. I wish we could communicate with them properly to tell them there's nothing to be scared of. :(

Sorry to hear you're having more health problems.  :empathy:

Yeah normally storms never bother her, till the last two storms we had.

So the fun and joy of Christmas shopping is upon us. My boyfriend and I are holding our first christmas together as hosts. Though everyone is bringing a plate to help me, which is greatly appreciated. :)

Present wise, my boyfiriend asked me to pick six books that would be from him - and so off I went shopping. He was still under the budget we set, so he picked a seventh book, isn't he lovely. :D:giggle2:

Just wanted to do a quick write up on The Maze Runner series before I forget it all.

Loved the first two books - The Maze Runner, The Scorch Trials no secrets there, both were easily 4/5 stars. Then we come to the third book The Death Cure. I didn't even finish it. I used a link that Athena sent me in a post earlier and finished reading what happened, and you know what, I don't regret doing it and in fact am glad I did now.

To me, this book felt... like the author just couldn't be so bothered anymore. The characters - especially Thomas, was making and doing stupid decisions. Okay so teens do so now and then, and you must let them make some mistakes so they then learn from said mistakes and become better people. This was like he simply forgot everything he just went through the last two books and I just wanted to yell through to him on the pages. Shake him up a little. It could be what James Dashner intended the whole time, or it could of just been the way I interpreted the whole situation.

One example that I thought made him look like he had grown into a better person was when

he stops the ship and gets out to shoot newt in the head, which is what newt had wanted.

While I am here, I was saddened to read of Teresa's death.

It also always bugged me the way the whole escape scenario played out too. With one group thinking the other had left.

Overall, good series though. Glad I read it. :)

So the fun and joy of Christmas shopping is upon us. My boyfriend and I are holding our first christmas together as hosts. Though everyone is bringing a plate to help me, which is greatly appreciated. :)

Present wise, my boyfiriend asked me to pick six books that would be from him - and so off I went shopping. He was still under the budget we set, so he picked a seventh book, isn't he lovely. :D:giggle2:

Exciting :D!! I hope you enjoy your books when you get them :)

I'm glad you at least liked the first two books in The Maze Runner series :). I agree with you about the spoiler. Thanks for doing the group read, that was fun :).

Overall, good series though. Glad I read it. :)

I was sad about

Newt dying, he was my favorite character!

Thanks for joining in, it was fun :)

That is so nice!  And always fun (a bit hectic but oh well) to have your first Christmas at your home with your family :xmassmile: